++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-30-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
10/09/2004 - Philidelphia, PA - Electric Factory

Post your reviews here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-10-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
The show last night at the Electric Factory was great. We got there about 6PM and the line was already about 150 feet long. We took a walk to the Silk City diner on Spring Garden street and well my suggestion is don't go there if you can avoid it. We ate and then walked back to arrive about 7:30 and they were letting people in. I got a shirt and then headed up stairs to the bar.

Submersed came out about 8:30 or so and played about 6 songs. The crowd was kind of into them and I thought they were pretty good, I am probably going to pick up their album. My friends and I watched them from the upper level. We then moved down to the floor and positioned ourselves on the right side while trying to move as close as possible, knowing that the floor was going to fill up when AB hit the stage.

Crossfade came out about 9:20 and I wasn't really into them and it seemed to me, at least from what I could see, that the rest of the crowd wasn't really either. There were a couple of people just standing around and staring with a dumbfounded look on there face. I don't know how many songs they played I wasn't all that interested. I did like their song Cold though that was pretty good. I think the crowd was so happy that Crossfade was getting off the stage and AB was coming on that when they finished their last song they got a huge pop from the crowd. I know that was why I was cheering.

Alter Bridge took the stage at roughly 10:15. I'm not really sure as I didn't check the time when they hit the stage. I don't remember the set list, I'm not good with stuff like that, but it did seem like they switched it up a bit. In any case they hit the stage and the crowd went ape shit. The place was literally rocking. It filled up pretty good on the floor and Myles proved to me he has alot of energy up there and I was very impressed. Mark moved around on the stage playing to the crowd all over, even up on the second floor. Most of the crowd knew the words to the songs and sang along word for word, at least I know I did. Some guy tried to crowd surf early on and I think he was dropped and then there was no more crowd surfing. Myles voice is down right great in concert. Myles said Mark was kind of depressed and that he was glad that they were in Philly because Philly always lifts Marks spirits. And the crowd just went nuts at this. They said the Boston show was a great show but we were just so much better. He also said that he had always wanted to play the Electric Factory as it was such a great room and we are lucky to have it. They played nine songs and went off to Down to My Last. The lights went out and they came back out and played In Loving Memory accoustically. Wow! what and awsome song. I've liked it on the album but man, live, in concert is just almost magical. They then did the cover of Highway Star and Mark just let loose. He was amazing with the solo. When Higway Star was finished Myles said he wanted everyone to help them out and that he thought everyone there knew what was coming. The crew gave Myles a guitar and they let into Open Your Eyes. The crowd was nuts and Myles asked them to sing along numerous times. When they finished the crowd just wouldn't let up, Mark was tossing picks and Scott came around to the front and was tossing sticks into the crowd also. He was trying to get one up on the second level and it took about 5 or 6 tries as they just couldn't catch them. Finally he got one up there. He bounced his last one off the floor into the crowd, which was kind of cool. Then the guys left the stage and the lights came back on so the show was over. Overall a great show.

We left the Factory and since jumped in my car but Crossfade was out front and they were blocking the mini-van that was in front of me. By the end of it I was hoping that someone would just run them over because I couldn't pull back and the mini-van couldn't pull forward so we were efectivelly stuck. Finally the mini-van started to push its way forward and and almost ran over some girl who wouldn't move. I started forward and the guys from Crossfade were still blocking my way so I decided I was just going to nudge them out of the way. I almost clipped the lead singer/guitar player guy in the ass with the car beacuase he was leaning down to sign some chicks shoe. But we finally made it out of the lot and after some cursing at stupid people whom don't know how to drive in the city made it back on out to I95 and home.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:20 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Great review, kariyanine. And you are dead-on about everything. I went to the show, too, and was on the rail just to the right of Myles. Ape-shit is a great way to describe the crowd. Fricken INSANE for Alter Bridge. And they were great to Submersed as well! Kariyanine, pick up the Submersed CD because it's really good. I saw them open for Creed on New Year's Eve two years ago, and their stage show has come such a long way. They looked really relaxed and seemed to be having a great time up there. TeriB19 got chosen as Donald's water girl, hehe. She held his bottle for him and he kept coming over between songs to get sips. Later on, Donald signed the bottle for her. He's a sweetie, they all are. They were at the merch table again signing things and letting fans take pictures. A really nice bunch of guys.

You're so right about In Loving Memory live. I said the same thing to the people I was with, that it was just sooooo amazing live, even though the album version is terrific. It made me cry.

I agree on Crossfade as well. Mediocre at best. I was really surprised the crowd didn't rip them. They gave them some polite applause, but that was about it. I could have sworn I heard a couple of boos from the back. All in all, a great night! I'm going Tuesday in Pittsburgh and I can't wait .
Old 10-10-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Dogstar, do you like "Open Your Eyes" anymore after hearing it live and Myles playing guitar? I'm glad you had a great time! I wish I could see them.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 10-10-2004, 10:26 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
What can I say, I'm a human coaster.

The show was amazing. I was really excited about going, and was NOT disappointed in the least. Submersed was fantastic. Those guys have really come a long way since NYE 2001, Creed's last show together. They are well put-together, much more confident and just a great group of guys. I hope they go far.

Crossfade = mediocre. Period.

I have just one thing to say. Myles Kennedy is amazing. I was not sure how I would like him live, but there is no doubt in my mind, he is an incredible singer with a range that I cannot even begin to describe. Considering he had the flu, his singing was phenomenal. He totally blew the roof off the joint. Mark was an animal on the guitar. When he played with Creed, he seemed to enjoy wailing away during the occasional solos he did. But this was a totally different Mark we saw. He played his heart out, every song, every chord, he was having a blast and it was obvious to everyone in the place that he was much more relaxed, truly enjoying himself and this new band. He sounded great singing backup, it was great to hear him do more than sing background for one or two songs. I had never seen Brian play before but I have to say it's great to have him back, the basslines last night went straight to the core. Flip was awesome. I should say he sounded awesome, since I'm so damn short I couldn't see him because of the number of speakers in front of me. He's so strong on the kit.

Overall, I'd have to say I can't wait 'til Alterbridge comes around again, I'll definitely be up on the rail again. I had a fantastic time with my two best Creed buds and I loved spending time with them.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-10-2004, 10:34 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by benkenobi) Dogstar, do you like "Open Your Eyes" anymore after hearing it live and Myles playing guitar? I'm glad you had a great time! I wish I could see them.
Ya know, it has grown on me a little since I've heard it live twice. The extra guitar is a definite plus. It's still my least fave song on the album, but it's a fun audience-participation number. Myles really got the crowd singing on that one, not that they needed any prompting. Philly knows all the words to just about every song. You could hear the crowd singing all night!

LOL @ *human coaster*...nicely put, Teri!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:57 PM   #7
souldancer
USER INFO »
Ahhh love the tantalizing reviews

LOVED reading those super reviews and all the hot and primal ape shit details!
Great job - thanks for sharing the energy. I just had to check in and tease myself as it's not looking good for me making the West Coast shows, and I knew that if I read these reviews I would work harder to get to an AB concert.
THANKS ! Miss ya all
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey lady!!! Long time no see!!!!!! We missed the hell out of you in Philly last week!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-21-2004, 02:07 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
DAMN STRAIGHT, Teri! Elayne, don't miss them!!! The shows were fantastic!!!!! And nice to see you!!!!!!!!!