++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
JasonPBrown
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Atlantic city show

I went to the Atlantic City show last night. I must say Scott was indeed back. He hit all the high notes on the Great Divide song. Reach out was actually sung better live than on the album. He was very energetic and his new band is really good. Some parts of the new band sounded better than the old crew but there was a few areas where it sounded just a bit different, not bad just different.
A highlight of the night was when I was standing out near the bar area with my wife when Jacklyn(spelling?) and Jagger walked right by us. She was holding Jagger's hand. She is extremley hot and when I told my wife who she was she noticed people starting to look at her so she walked a lot faster into the back stage area. Jagger has sure grown since Scott brought him out in the old Creed days.
The only complaint I have on the night was that half way through higher the microphone completly failed. Scott kept on singing but you could barely hear him and the crowd was singing so loud I think they didn't notice at first. Then Scott looked like he was getting pissed and he made a cut the music signal to his band mates and they all walked off stage. Everyone just sat there bewildered. Then an announcement came on and said they were experiencing technical difficulties.
15 minutes later Scott and the band came rushing out and started right into sublime. He said thanks for your patience and then kept on singing. After sublime they played WAWO acoustic, surround me and justify non-acoustic and then he thanked everyone and walked off. The set list was the same but the last three songs where supposed tp be encore songs from what I have seen on the last couple of concert posts. So when they left evryone was screaming for an encore anyways and we all waited for about 10 minutes and they never came out. I guess the 15 minute delay was there version of a pause and then the encore but we got jipped out of half of the song higher. So he really should have come back out and song one more song for a real encore.
All in all though it was a great concert his voice held up real well but I''ll tell you guys right now it will not hold up for an extended real long tour like the Creed days. At the end he really looked like he was straining but can you blame him he has to sing bullets, what if and reach out all in the same hour. Thats gotta kill anybody's vocalk cords.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Re: Atlantic city show

and there is no one like him, he rocks!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
audi1999
USER INFO »

Atlantic City was a great show, I thought the same thing he should of came out at the end and sing another song. Were did you sit? I was in the bar area but I did not see Jaeger and Jacklyn how did you know it them? Did scott have a meet and greet before the show? What about after the show?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #4
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Scott has Tonsilitis, thats why he was straining
Old 03-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) Scott has Tonsilitis, thats why he was straining
what exactly is that?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
ABYanks
USER INFO »

swollen tonsils and a fever
he was dripping last night from head to toe

Some people get their tonsils removed butyou dont have to
Old 03-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
creedlvr
USER INFO »

He really has tonsilitis??? Where did you hear that? He was sweating pretty hard at Foxwoods last night!! I hope he is smart enough to take care of himself on this tour.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
ABYanks
USER INFO »

i asked if hed be coming out and the guy told me

Creed lvr whered u sit last nite?

Last edited by ABYanks : 03-05-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #9
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) swollen tonsils and a fever
he was dripping last night from head to toe

Some people get their tonsils removed butyou dont have to
i think he should. just for the heck of it.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) i think he should. just for the heck of it.

Me too, why take a chance, he probably will after the tour.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) Me too, why take a chance, he probably will after the tour.
hope so.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #12
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) i asked if hed be coming out and the guy told me

Creed lvr whered u sit last nite?
I sat in the opera box that was to the left of the stage. Where did you sit?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #13
JPB
USER INFO »

Right before you walk into the the bar area. If you look past the double doors Jagger and Jackyln where walking past that to a side door. Maybe that door led to the backstage. If you dont know what she looks like, pull up her web site. It shows her modeling career and it also show a few pictures with her and Scott in her personal section. Like I said on my last post I must have annouced her presence a little to loud to my wife because she did look over at me and walked a little faster. She probably thought she would get bombarded with fans or something. Jagger just looks like he did in the Children dont stop dancing video just older. He has long semi curly hair.
Tonsilitis, huh. He still sang pretty damn good. Only at the very end did you hear a little bit of hoarsness. Yes, the end was a little disapointing that he should have sung one more song. But I know he was frustated with the technicians. I cant wait until he comes around again.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #14
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) what exactly is that?
A Really Bad Sore Throat sometimes caused from Straining your vocals, i had it twice could,nt swallow my own saliva
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #15
titan9
USER INFO »

Ouch, tonsillitis does suck. I just got over a bad case of it myself, and let me tell you, I am impressed that Scott is even able to sing with it, let alone sound great. When I had it, I could barely talk, barely swallow water and singing was out of the question. I just hope that Scott's tonsillitis isn't chronic, or else that could really mess up his vocals.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!