++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well, Open Your Eyes is practically a Creed song, lol
Yup. Several songs have that feel and sound to them, but that's likely because some of them were written with a fourth Creed album in mind. I'm thinking Myles' writing influence will be much more apparent on the next album.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:38 AM   #17
RMadd
USER INFO »
i'm hoping you're right kerri (kerry?), i think myles playing the main role in lyric-writing would be fantastic.
Lith: it's not necessarily bad that they're a Creed spin-off. we're using the word "spin-off" here, not "rip-off." as has been stated, and as you well know, former Creed members comprise 3/4 of the band. i guess there's not much to say what hasn't been said yet. 8 or 9 of the songs sound as though they would be straight from a Creed album: lyrics, riffs, etc.... everything except for Myles voice in and of itself, and Mark's increased soloing.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:09 AM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »
Alter Bridge is a Creed spinoff... it has 3/4 of the the original Creed lineup and plays a bunch of Creed-ish ballads. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) If Alter Bridge was a Creed spinoff AB would play Creed songs! Do they? No!
i don't think that that necessarily fitst the definition of "spinoff"... let's take, for example, the new Chivas club playing in MLS (US soccer league, for those Americans who don't know lol).... they're a spinoff of the wildly popular Chivas club that plays in Mexico, meant to increase MLS' popularity in California (the team is based out of LA) among the Mexican & Hispanic population.... now, so far as i know, the MLS incarnation of Chivas doesn't use players from the Mexican original, but the club still exists as a spinoff of the Mexican team

Last edited by RMadd : 05-27-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:41 PM   #20
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yup. Several songs have that feel and sound to them, but that's likely because some of them were written with a fourth Creed album in mind. I'm thinking Myles' writing influence will be much more apparent on the next album.

Yeah, I'm hopign that the creedish ballads were just that--Creed songs. I am hoping Tremo doesn't write anymore.

*crosses fingers*
Old 06-01-2005, 01:22 AM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Bearfan...you were right the first time...Kerri
Old 06-01-2005, 01:28 AM   #22
shiver
USER INFO »
Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh! Can I answer this one? See it's like how Charles in Charge was a spinoff of Joanie Loves Chachi which was a spinoff of Happy Days. Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley were also spinoffs of Happy Days. How? They all got there start on Happy Days. Like how AB got their start in Creed.

PS. I know, I just wanted to explain it this way, so I could incorporate Joanie loves Chachi.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:30 AM   #23
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) PS. I know, I just wanted to explain it this way, so I could incorporate Joanie loves Chachi.