++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
lmaiello
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hartford Show

Hey Guys..
Just got back from the Hartford Show. Let me say that this was by far the greatest Creed concert I have ever seen. Stapp was awesome. Those YouTube clips are garbage... He sounds NOTHING like those crappy vids. The only song he was a little off on was OLB... Besides that his voice was stellar. Tremonti kicked ass as usual. It was nice to see the great chemistry they all had together... Their passion is back.
I'm trying to remember the setlist. They played Overcome and Full Circle which by the way sound completely different live than those poor YouTube clips. Someone help me on the playlist? It was a bit different from the other setlists if I'm not mistaken...
Great Show. Now it's time to get a CREED tattoo on my arm...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:57 AM   #2
Echoes
USER INFO »
Re: Hartford Show

great review, glad you had such a good time at the concert and it also great to hear that Stapp sounds great!!

thanks for sharing
Old 08-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
BSC
USER INFO »

Great review, the setlist is probably the same as all the other gigs, so don't worry.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Oh My God-

Let me tell you all something...I went to the hartford CT show last night and it was electric...A packed house...Even the lawn seating had good numbers...I have to admit after watching those youtube videos I was a little uneasy about what to expect..I took my girlfriend to her first rock concert and was hoping they would captivate her the way they did me when I first saw them years back...All I have to say is if you dont go see them in concert on this tour you are crazy...They rocked Hartford silly last night and My girlfriend said she had never had soo much fun...Thise guys put everything they had into the show and sounded fantastic...Scott sounded great and sang with passion and got the crowd pumped...In the breaks of the songs the electricity of the crowd was so thick you could cut it with a knife...I know their are a lot of alter bridge fans hoping for this tour to be a failure but in my opinion after watching that show last night these guys arent going anywhere and they can still pack the house even after seven years...Also got a chance to hear Full Circle and you tube videos do the song no justice...I think this may be the best Creed show I have ever seen and I saw them on their Weathered and Human Clay tours...All I have to say is thanks Creed and Keep rockin the house @@
Old 08-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
mr_seeker_ny
USER INFO »

I wasn't at the Hartford show, but I attended the back to back shows in Jones Beach (NY) and PNC Arts Center (NJ) and I agree wholeheartedly with the people above.

I saw Creed once during the Human Clay tour and 3 times during the Weathered tour.....the 2 concerts last week for Full Circle were the greatest by far. I am hoping they somehow do another tour in 2010 to support the full new album, but I doubt it with AB III needed to be recorded as well.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

WOW great reviews guys..I havent seen anyone disappointed with the show so far! every good review gets me fired up for the concert..
Old 08-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
lmaiello
USER INFO »

Hey Tremonti!
Where were you sitting? I was in the second row of seats dead center right behind the pit.. How sick was that concert!!??? Never in my life have I ever seen a performance. It's funny you said that about your girlfriend... It was my wife's first rock concert too. I never seen the bands chemistry like that. Stapp was pounding his chest and you can see how passionate the band was. Man I hope they stick around for another tour. Nothing against AB fans, but if Creed keeps putting on sell out shows like this I don't think AB will be back anytime soon. I think all the hardcore AB fans and Creed haters really need to see the new Creed.
Hey if anyone has any pics please post!!!! I have a few I'll post up!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

As a Creed/Alter Bridge fan I would like to see both bands exist! But I can see the guys not carrying on with AB after ABIII and the world tour. who knows, its a crazy world we live in...
Old 08-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
nflea7
USER INFO »

Man, sounds like Hartford was better than the MA show, which is awesome. I think lmaiello is right if we keep seeing Creed putting on this level of shows they will continue for a long time. Plus the new sound will I think pull back in some of the fans of MOP and Human Clay, and gain new fans who really never gave Creed a shot. I love AB I've seen them 3 times as well, I pull for Myles he is a great singer, but its been said before, Stapp is a better front man, and Creed sells. Plus if the guitar solo on Overcome is a indicator of the kind of guitar playing Tremonti can be free to do now with Creed I'm sad to think that they might not need AB anymore if they are getting what the need from Creed.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
Ajrocks
USER INFO »

I was there also and that place was dead compared to the night before when Bruce Springsteen packed in over 30,000 people. I took alot of Video's of the show and will post the links to youtube when i have them uploaded. i was sitting behind Johnny Damon of the Yankees.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
lmaiello
USER INFO »

How many people you think were there?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
WHATSTHISLIFE4
USER INFO »

Why would they want to carry on with Alterbridge? It would make no sense to me. Creed sells out arenas and have sold millions of records. On the contrary, Alterbridge doesn't sell records nor do they sell out arenas or even come close to matching what Creed has done. The same can be said about Scott Stapp's solo career. Creed is where they need to be. It's like a match made in heaven. They belong together. The numbers prove that the people want Creed not Alterbridge or just Scott Stapp by himself. My motto is, why continue down the same road that has gotten you nowhere. I don't know about everyone else but I want more Creed. Hands down. Alterbridge and Scott Stapp's solo career SMH I think thats something they should worry about 20 years from now when they are retired and do not have nothing else to do. CREED ROCKS!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
Ajrocks
USER INFO »

Here is the write up about it in the local paper!
http://www.courant.com/entertainment...,7018583.story

Here is a few pics i took

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Hartford%2009/
Old 08-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by lmaiello) How many people you think were there?

"The audience, particularly those in the stage-front pit, enjoyed the performance. But even with tickets sold at an undeniably reasonable charge (lawn seats temporarily went for $10), the undersold attendance was distinctly noticeable at the 30,000-capacity venue."

-Homer Simpson

Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) "The audience, particularly those in the stage-front pit, enjoyed the performance. But even with tickets sold at an undeniably reasonable charge (lawn seats temporarily went for $10), the undersold attendance was distinctly noticeable at the 30,000-capacity venue."
-I think that to sell almost every indoor seat at the Hartford venue is quite impressive considering the band being inactive for seven years and the fact we are in an economic crisis...
-I also love how these people who review the concerts always label the "Cristian""Frat Rock", Ect....Its kinda corny...They are a rockl band plain and simply the only label they need...
-Of course Springstien is gonna draw thirty thousand..he's the "Boss"..The guy has tons of fans but like a said Creed's crowd was greatly enthisiastic and pumped ..Great show