++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-27-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
Creed Tribute
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New "Creed Tribute Band" Out Performing Live!

Hello all!

I'm new here to the forums, but obviously a HUGE Creed music fan!

I wanted to share with you that there is a new Creed Tribute Band out there! We are currently performing in Arizona and Texas. Our intent is to have a blast performing these great songs for an appreciative audience. We hope to help fill a void and continue to celebrate the legend of Creed music!!!

So a little bit about how this got started....

A couple years ago I was looking to join a band and met a phenomenal guitarist who was looking for a phenomenal drummer (lol). We came together because we both had the same musical taste and thought that was a good start.

When we got together for the first time...we played "Torn" by Creed. That was the first song we played together and it sounded really great. We were both big-time Creed music fans and it was a natural fit.

In those days our intentions were to write our own music and find a singer and bass player to complete the line-up. Our influences was heavy 80's guitar rock (Ozzy, Van Halen, Metellica, Skid Row, etc.) But in recent times we were both loving what this newer band Creed had done. Creeds' sound struck a nerve that reminded us why we played music.

In those first few meetings (jam sessions)...a mention would come up every now and then about one day starting a Creed Tribute band. Ha-ha we thought. So cheesy. lol

Well to make a long story a little shorter...about a year ago the guitarist and I went our separate ways for about 4-5 months. We stayed in touch, but we were stuck on what to do next.

In that down period, by chance I happened to meet a singer who told me he always wished he could sing in a Creed tribute band. HELLO!!! Are u serious!?! lol

It just so happened I already had my eye on a wonderful bass player who I briefly played with and was about to start a local cover band project with.

A few calls were made including a very special one to my good friend and most awesome guitarist...and the rest is history. We are now called "Weathered", and like to think we perform Creed songs to how they were intended to be performed. Live and LOUD!!!

Please know that we are not trying to be Creed, we just simply wanna celebrate one of America's greatest rock groups!

Click the MySpace page link below and take a peek at our live footage.
Let me know what you think...

creedtributeband.com

Peace all!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: New "Creed Tribute Band" Out Performing Live!

nice, i support anyone who keeps the dream alive.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

you guys are actually pretty good. if I lived down there I would definitely think about coming to a show.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:34 AM   #4
Creed Tribute
USER INFO »

Thanks guys! We certainly try our best!

As you can see in our videos...we don't necessarily look exactly like Creed, but the goal is to simply keep the dream alive through their awesome music!

Peace everyone!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 AM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »

Pretty good, I enjoyed your rendition of WTLF.

Sadly, I'm not in the TX/AZ area, so I don't think I'll be coming to see y'all any time soon.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 AM   #6
Creed Tribute
USER INFO »

Hi guys! Just wanted to stop by and say hi again!

Well...our Creed tribute band had a pretty good response opening up for a very popular Southern California tribute band the other night. Over 700 in attendance at a well repescted small concert venue in a major market got to see Creed's music performed live! It was a great night and the audience really dug it! I guess the answer is...YES...there are still a lot of fans of Creeds music out there.

www.creedtributeband.com

Last edited by Creed Tribute : 11-14-2007 at 02:24 AM.