++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-01-2003, 09:28 PM   #76
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
He contradicts himself quite a bit doesn't he?
Old 08-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #77
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Oh yeah!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:05 AM   #78
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by StappsSaviour
if u dont mean it like that well, wot do u mean Strubes?

it is definately wot u r implying!

coz ur saying that a mere man cannot be a Saviour meaning only some1 of a higher being can be a Saviour meaning again that it has it has to be God or Jesus...

if there is such thing...

and i have waited long enuff 4 the reply of this God...
i am very impatient

God does stuff in his own time, not on yours. He might have bigger, better plans for you. Ever heard of Saul/Paul? And the Pharaoh is Moses' story? His heart was hardened (by Satan) much like yours appears to be.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:11 AM   #79
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
<b>i am a Christian ( to get back to the REAL topic...)....i believe in the Triune God...am Lutheran by Denomination... i Love secular but spiritual bands...(POD 12 Stones Creed...) i am open about my faith...but try not to shove it down ppls throats...tho i may slip a few times... tho i do it cuz i dont like to see ppl w/o God in there lives... "w/o Jah Nuthin"-POD i dont quote scribture but i do quote Payable On Death....lol </b>

Lutherans rock! LCMS. So, obviously, I'm also a Christian. Damn proud of it, too.
Check out Blindside. Good Christian band that's been aired on secular station here (105.7 the Point, if you're ever passing through St. Louis). Lead singer Christian also featured on one of P.O.D.'s songs ("Anything Right").

Old 08-08-2003, 12:17 AM   #80
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
<b>the whole "read John 3;16" is getting really old.
What if he was drunk when he wrote this verse lol? </b>

"All scripture is God-breathed..." .... meaning it was He who told the writers of the various books in the Bible what to write.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:51 AM   #81
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
If your a Christian why the heck are you cursing??? You mean you are a person that believes somthing similar to Christianity,but not everything about it,yes?

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
If I leave this world the same.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:58 AM   #82
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
And what the heck is the"Triune god"? There is only one God,like it or not. You think I like it? I have come to realize thats the facts,whether anyone likes it or not.

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
Old 08-08-2003, 12:43 PM   #83
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by BearFan
<b>"All scripture is God-breathed..." .... meaning it was He who told the writers of the various books in the Bible what to write. </b>

Quoting another verse of the bible to prove another one is accurate isn't very convincing.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:52 AM   #84
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Part of the fact that the Bible is so reliable is that it is harmonious from beginning to end, even though it was recorded by so many different men, over a long period of time. You may not think that one verse can prove another, but there are a whole lot of people who do believe that. And that scripture that BearFan mentioned begins: "All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight..." People who follow the Bible's teachings and principles know this to be true.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:08 PM   #85
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by MrSeeker
If your a Christian why the heck are you cursing??? You mean you are a person that believes somthing similar to Christianity,but not everything about it,yes?

Quote: Originally posted by MrSeeker
<b>And what the heck is the"Triune god"? There is only one God,like it or not. You think I like it? I have come to realize thats the facts,whether anyone likes it or not. </b>

MrSeeker, I find your complaints against my beliefs to be quite unfounded. I mean I believe specifically in Christianity. As a sinful human being (as we are all 'by nature sinful and unclean'), cursing is one of my many imperfections, though I believe "damn" is much of a curse word (it is, after all, an abbreviated form of 'damnation', which is quite common in the Bible; I suppose my use of the word could be consider tasteless. my apologies.). You asking me how I call myself a Christian even though I curse is like me asking you why you write even though you mis-spell and mis-punctuate words (cases-in-point: your improper of the word "your" when "you're" is more appopriate; the lack of an apostrophe elsewhere... don't complain about my pickiness--If you're going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it as well). But how do you arrive at the conclusion that I don't believe everything Christ has to say? Your conclusions are way off base. Forshizzle, you may be even more "un-Christian" for expecting me to live each and every second of my life in perfection such as only Our Savior has done. I, in the least, admit to my imperfections. One of my biggest problems with modern Americans is their "ability" to take Christ for granted, and to use more of a pick-and-choose doctrine, so that they don't feel guilty whenever they do something that may actually be wrong in God's eyes. Additionally, "triune god" is a reference to the three parts of the ONE GOD. I'm not saying that there are multiple gods in Christianity. Have you not heard of "the father, son, and holy spirit"? I'm not well-versed in Baptist or Catholic or Presbyterian or Episcopalian doctrine, but that's how we Lutherans refer to God (also as the Trinity; same thing); other denominations believe in God as the Godhead, as I have seen in a post.

Old 08-15-2003, 07:27 PM   #86
ZION1010
USER INFO »
I Agree With You Bearfan Nobodys Perefect We All Have Our Motes The closest Thing We Can Get To Perfection Is To Try With All Our Hearts N Soul Thats All Our Lord Asks If We Were Meant To Be Perfect We Would Have had No Need For The Ultimate Sacrafice which Is Jesus Christ Our Lord And Savouir If Your Trying The Best You Can In Gods Eyes It Is Better Than Perfect I Know the Scriputre That Backs This I Cant Spell it Its Mans Job To Point Out Our Every Flaw Only The Lord Your God Is To Be Your Judge God Bless You
Old 08-16-2003, 01:03 AM   #87
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a "Mote".
Old 08-17-2003, 01:37 AM   #88
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
Ok,but you shouldnt go around saying "Im a Christian and damn proud of it". That doesnt make sence to say that. Its not like im perfect either,but im not gonna go around cussing. I mean how are we as Christians supposed to show the world God and Gods love when were cussing just like them? That just shows the world that they can stay the same and be a Christian, you cant,stuff must change. Do you hear Christian bands cussing? Why is that? How can we speak of Gods love when we used the same sinning mouth to swear?
(note: this is to everyone that claims to be a Christian and swears.) Im not judging you,im just asking,how should we talk to show the world we have somthing they dont? should we be swearing? Does that make us look different in the world?

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
Old 08-17-2003, 10:56 PM   #89
ZION1010
USER INFO »
MrSeeker We Our Enfact Got A Shine A Light To The Lost But God Judges Us By Our Souls And What It Desires And We Our Judged By Our Works Now As Far As Bearfans Swearing I Would Not Judge Him On This But If There Be Any Will Inn Him To do Good By Others And He Loves God There Is Your Light My Friend But I know These things Not So Therefore I Would Not judge Him Buy Swearing Or Would I Judge You The Lord Does Not Convect Everybody The Same For Example Take Creeds Whats This Life For When They Used GD In The Lyrics Of That Song It Seemed Like Nobody Could Get Over That If God Didnt Convect Theme I know This Through The Spirt Why Should I As To The same With Bearfan Now The Lord Maybe Dealing with You About Other Things That He wouldnt Be Convecting others Of I Hope Ive Made My Point Without Hurting Any One JESUS LOVES US ALL
Old 08-18-2003, 12:52 AM   #90
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I love it when your styressed out and feeling like just quitting and giving up and then God sends someone to talk to you and you feel His reassurrance all over again
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot