++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
knicks5171
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: regis and kelly review

Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) "he was having an off-day......"

"his voice wasn't rested....."

i love creed and think stapp sounds fine on studio recordings, but stop making excuses for the fact that it's LITERALLY painful to hear him sing live.

Of Course his voice sounds fine in the studio. It's called editing.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #17
rebsgirl
USER INFO »

i love creed and think stapp sounds fine on studio recordings, but stop making excuses for the fact that it's LITERALLY painful to hear him sing live.

I think to say it is painful to hear him sing is a bit harsh. I just watched it on youtube, and no, the performance really wasn't all that good. However, the excuse of his voice not being rested is a legitimate excuse. They just came off a grueling summer tour, for us. Yes, after seeing them in Atlanta, I could definitely tell that they were tired in Birmingham. Of course they're tired! They're all tired - not just Stapp. But i didn't enjoy it any less. They have such an awesome stage presence, and Stapp seems genuinely grateful to fans these days. They put so much effort into their concerts. Also the pyro kicks ass, and that can't be cheap. Anyway, we shouldn't go to a concert to hear them sound perfect. We should go to a concert to hear them live...mistakes and all. To love Creed is to love all four members, together...perfect or not.

Last edited by rebsgirl : 10-29-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
00iceman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rebsgirl) They have such an awesome stage presence, and Stapp seems genuinely grateful to fans these days.

100% agreed. My wife and I went out back of the venue by the buses with about a dozen other fans after the show. Stapp actually got off the bus to come greet us by the fence and sign autographs (which was frikin awesome!) Afterward, some people there were saying that he never did anything like that 6 years ago. He did seem truly thankful, especially during the concert when we could see his facial expressions up close since we were by the stage.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
Krisoz26
USER INFO »

people say that but it's change in voice perfect example on the best of cd. The DVD has a live version of Higher and Weathered both on the roof at the MTV awards about 2-3 years apart. Exact same conditions yet he sounds different on Weathered then Higher why? people's voices change