++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 11-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Guira
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The wallflowers

Does anybody know what happened to this band?
Is it famous there in USA? Is it considered a good band? I heard that Jacob Dylan was doing a solo career... Is he doing well?
I like some of their songs... just wanting to know more about them...

Last edited by Guira : 11-23-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Re: The wallflowers

Jakob Dylan was Bob Dylan's son. Bob Dylan is one of America's most prominent and cherised folk/political singers of all time. Anyone that is an offspring of someone like that can find it hard to have their own respect as everyone judges them for riding on their father's coattails. I think that America liked the wallflowers, and even here in Australia we loved them cos they had awesome songs too. One headlight and Heroes (cover) were really cool. I wish they put out more than the 2 albums I have heard of. Were there any more??

Yeh looks like Jakob has a solo career now. Theres a website http://www.jakobdylan.com/ but i cant get access to it for some reason!!!

Looks like he has a myspace too which is cool cos u can hear what hes been coming up with
http://www.myspace.com/jakobdylan

THe net access where i am is utter crap so i wil check it out later i think

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
bilal
USER INFO »

The link works... and seems like a brand new solo album is already out. It sounds good of what I get to hear from site. Actually, very good.

Wallflowers is a good band, and Jacob has a brilliant voice. Don't think he would have done any less good if wasn't Dylan's son.

Sweet.

Last edited by bilal : 11-24-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Guira
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Jakob Dylan was Bob Dylan's son. Bob Dylan is one of America's most prominent and cherised folk/political singers of all time. Anyone that is an offspring of someone like that can find it hard to have their own respect as everyone judges them for riding on their father's coattails. I think that America liked the wallflowers, and even here in Australia we loved them cos they had awesome songs too. One headlight and Heroes (cover) were really cool. I wish they put out more than the 2 albums I have heard of. Were there any more??

Yeh looks like Jakob has a solo career now. Theres a website http://www.jakobdylan.com/ but i cant get access to it for some reason!!!

Looks like he has a myspace too which is cool cos u can hear what hes been coming up with
http://www.myspace.com/jakobdylan

THe net access where i am is utter crap so i wil check it out later i think

Thanks for the links! They're cool!
It's nice that you like them there in Australia.
They aren't famous here at all, I don't even remember how I heard about them... must have been a song that I heard in a movie or something...
Anyway...I wish too that they come back! I like these songs that you said and all from the cd Rebel, Sweetheart...

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) The link works... and seems like a brand new solo album is already out. It sounds good of what I get to hear from site. Actually, very good.

Wallflowers is a good band, and Jacob has a brilliant voice. Don't think he would have done any less good if wasn't Dylan's son.

Sweet.

I completely agree with you. I think Jacob Dylan has so much potential, he has a great voice! Too bad if people judge him because he's Bob Dylan's son...It's a waist of a big talent...

Last edited by Guira : 11-24-2009 at 02:55 PM.