++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 PM   #1
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Songmeanings.net

Talk about a neat site!! I really like www.songmeanings.net, because it allows ppl to discuss what they think a song means. All of the Creed songs are up there, open for discussion, including a couple I've never heard of. All the Sevendust songs are there, too. Check out this site, you'll probly like it!!
Old 04-28-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks, Redeemer!! I'm going to go check it out.

Relearn Love
Old 04-28-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
shunammite
USER INFO »
Thanks so much, it looks WONDERFUL, so many artists...even most fan sites, they don't really want to talk about what the lyrics mean...I can see why, it can divide people...but I really want to talk about that stuff, sometimes.

I signed up.

Something wrong with my computer today, it's slow as heck so I can't really case it out but I will, later.

I did check a couple of Creed songs, good comments, What if and Pity.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:28 PM   #4
Thomas
USER INFO »
yeah i remember having a look at it once but when i was on it only had a few Creed songs - maybe it was a different site? I suppose everyone puts their own interpretation to a song depending on how your feeling. What does everyone think?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #5
musicsaves
USER INFO »
Really looking at the lyrics, it makes things like Chicago less surprising.
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:59 PM   #6
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
What do you mean?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
Thomas
USER INFO »
Yeah, what do you mean?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:52 PM   #8
musicsaves
USER INFO »
I personally see a lot of unhappiness or something in his lyrics. Songs like To Whom It May Concern, Hide, Who's got my back, it's like music doesn't make him happy anymore, or doesn't do what he thought it would for him. Or even just songs like Illusion or Weathered, it's like he's struggling to be happy and/or content in general. Maybe this has always been a problem for him, but theres something about the whole of weathered that makes me think he's kinda had it with this part of his life.
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:03 PM   #9
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by musicsaves
I personally see a lot of unhappiness or something in his lyrics. Songs like To Whom It May Concern, Hide, Who's got my back, it's like music doesn't make him happy anymore, or doesn't do what he thought it would for him. Or even just songs like Illusion or Weathered, it's like he's struggling to be happy and/or content in general. Maybe this has always been a problem for him, but theres something about the whole of weathered that makes me think he's kinda had it with this part of his life.

"Music doesn't make him happy anymore." What the heck are you talking about. Ok, some of his songs may be based off a sorrowful time in his life like WTLF, about a suicide of a friend, but that has nothing to do with music not making him happy anymore. Scott has said many times that he leaves the meanings of the songs up to the individual fan and I guess it's your own feelings of the songs that make you think they're sad. I don't think that out all about Weathered. I went and saw Creed at a concert last summer, and I can tell you the whole place felt just awesome. There was sign at all that anyone was unhappy about the music or lyrics. Scott and the boys were having the time of their lives up on stage.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 04-28-2003, 09:22 PM   #10
musicsaves
USER INFO »
I didn't mean that the songs were sad. I was talking about the lyrics he writes possibly relating to his life and how he feels.
It's just my opinion.
All the shows I saw on the weathered tour were great also...I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:00 PM   #11
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Oh, alright I'm sorry if I sounded angry or anything. All these people on the local radio are carrying this Creed lawsuit bull way to far, and I'm just about over it. Nothing against you because I see what you're saying.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 04-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #12
musicsaves
USER INFO »
Oh, I think the lawsuit is total bullshit...weather he seems happy to me or not I have no problem with his performances. I'd rather do what he felt than go out there and act like a robot- He's human and has emotions.
In fact I wish I could have had one of those people's tickets instead and have been there to see something interesting and historic.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:08 PM   #13
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Ahhhhh!!! This lawsuit stuff is driving me nuts!! Like I told Teri in my PM to her, there's plenty of ppl that have done stuff on stage that wasn't too kosher and they didn't get slammed for it like this!! Everytime I see someone mention the lawsuit on this board, I just want to break something, because ppl just can't bother to see the positive in someone like Stapp, all they see is some little negative thing he did. I mean, c'mon!!

*Whew*

Anyway.
I see some unhappiness (okay, a lot) in MOP--the album--but I don't think he's unhappy in HC or Weathered. Okay, maybe I do see some in Weathered, like in DSD or Hide or WGMB. But then, look at Freedom Fighter!! What an empowering song!
Hmmm. Now that I'm thinking about it, though, I have to admit musicsaves is kinda right. His lyrics aren't all "life is peachy", after all. I hope Stapp isn't unhappy with his life. He's done a lot for this world.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:01 PM   #14
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I've heard Scott say (on some live concert songs I've downloaded) that when he writes songs, it's kind of like he's looking in a mirror and writing the lyrics to himself. That the words are a reflection of what he's going through or trying to figure out. And yes, their songs aren't the "life is peachy" message because, let's face it, life is full of ups and downs. But I know I also find in almost every song, word(s) of strength, faith, hope or fight. That's one thing that I love about their lyrics. Even when times are hard, there's hope there and I think that's a great thing to remember and hold onto. Just offering my opinion.

In WGMB - all that's been devastated can be recreated

DSD - Although I hurt I must be strong because inside I know that many feel this way (the message that we're not alone in what we go through during hard times)

Weathered - Believe what you will, that is your right, but I choose to win, I choose to Fight, to FIGHT!!

Relearn Love
Old 04-29-2003, 01:50 PM   #15
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Oh, yeah, I def agree w/you, Sheila--Creed's all positive for me too. I mean, come on, I say this all the time, but I believe if it wasn't for Creed I wouldn't be sitting at this computer today. It's their dead assurance that everything will turn out positively in the end that really got me listening to them. I mean, what's more beautiful than a line that goes "I choose to live for always" (Faceless Man)?? Creed Alwayz!!