++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-14-2003, 04:17 AM   #1
shaddix
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
main question

Hello Folks,

i shortly want to introduce myself.
i am 22 years old form center Europe - Austria and found this forum while searching for wallpapers and i think this is a nice place to share my love for creed.

there is a sense why i mentioned where iam from. down here we dont get infos about creed and for sure they wont play it in radio or something like that. i am happy that they sell the cd´s

i hope this hasnt been questioned 1000 times.

what is it all about the christianity?
is everything related to it?

thanks for your suggestions

shaddix
Old 02-14-2003, 12:20 PM   #2
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Welcome to the board, shaddix. You've come to the right place to share your love for Creed! I've always wanted to go to Austria, it looks really beautiful. I hope you enjoy yourself here. This is also a good place to find Creed info to, so you're all set.

I'll try to answer you're Christianity question the best way I know how and I'm sure others will have more information and other ideas. Scott Stapp was raised in a religious home and I have read in articles that all the members of the band believe in God but they don't consider themselves a Christian band because Scott has said it's not his intention to make anyone believe in anything in particular. The songs have been more a personal search in his own life. To me, yes, there are Christian references in some songs but for the most part I find it more spiritual than what you would call "Christian music". I don't feel all their songs are related it to the Christian/spiritual aspect, especially on their latest CD, Weathered. This is just my opinion and I hope it helps you out.

Relearn Love
Old 02-14-2003, 03:18 PM   #3
creedlvr
USER INFO »
welcome shaddix!

I think Creedfan explained it perfectly.

I think their references to bibical imagery stems from Scott's background, his thoughts, feelings and inner struggles. They are not intented to "preach" to us ... they are more for the purpose of trying to convince himself on how to live life, what kind of person he wants to be and how to deal with his questions of what to believe.

Many of their songs are about his real-life experiences ... which again ... goes back to his struggles with his faith.

I think you see a lot more of this on their first album than their later ones because Scott dealt with his struggles by writing ... which eventually lead to putting those writings to music. Since then, he has made peace with more aspects of his life and is generally in a better place in his life now than he was then.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #4
creeder
USER INFO »
welcome shaddix
And i have it all
I got nothing to share with you
Maybe a piece of paper
But what is that?
Maybe it defines you?
You are no one
Just be your self

"Complex!"
Old 02-14-2003, 06:20 PM   #5
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
hi shaddix I'm King Dan the 1st
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-14-2003, 07:23 PM   #6
Flip
USER INFO »
Hey man iam Flip, I be the creed rep from the Scottland

¦¦Are you ready? ¦¦

¦¦Creed¦¦pearl¦¦primalscream¦¦zildjian¦¦Premier¦¦Alter Bridge¦¦
Old 02-15-2003, 12:31 AM   #7
souldancer
USER INFO »
Welcome Shaddix! Hope you stay around - it's a great place.
Creedfan63 and creedlvr - appreciated your perspeectives. Now, if we could just get the dang media to realize this !!!
Old 02-15-2003, 07:54 AM   #8
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks, souldancer. I know what you mean, it would be a really nice change of pace if the media would really listen to both Creed and their fans for a change. Sometimes I think the media has some kind of problem with musicians who are sending out positive messages to the world instead of all the negativity. I don't know about anyone else, but I do my best to focus on the positive vs. the negative.

Relearn Love
Old 02-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #9
shaddix
USER INFO »
creedfan63

Hello and thanks for all the infos to all.

@creedfan63
if you ever plan a trip to austria i maybe can help you out with things like booking hotels and the "must see locations" around vienna. where are you from?

greets

shad,
Old 02-15-2003, 11:50 AM   #10
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan63
I do my best to focus on the positive vs. the negative.
It comes through on your posts! Thanks for that. I try, but humbly fail at times, then work at forgiving. I love this line from my yoga teacher "Energy goes wherever our attention goes"...or perhaps you are familiar with this one..."'cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life"...
Old 02-15-2003, 01:28 PM   #11
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Re: creedfan63

Quote: Originally posted by shaddix
<b>Hello and thanks for all the infos to all.

@creedfan63
if you ever plan a trip to austria i maybe can help you out with things like booking hotels and the "must see locations" around vienna. where are you from?

greets &nbsp;

shad, </b>

Thanks, shaddix. I'll definitely keep you in mind, I appreciate it. I fell in love with Austria after seeing The Sound of Music as a kid. It's one of my all time favorite movie classics.

I live in Connecticut, USA.

Relearn Love
Old 02-15-2003, 01:33 PM   #12
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
<b>It comes through on your posts! &nbsp;Thanks for that. &nbsp;I try, but humbly fail at times, then work at forgiving. I love this line from my yoga teacher "Energy goes wherever our attention goes"...or perhaps you are familiar with this one..."'cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life"... </b>

Thanks soudancer, I appreciate the kind words. Trust me, there I times when I don't feel very positive either but I do try my best. Your yoga teacher's right, I believe that too. And the other line hmm........I know it very well, LOL!!!

Relearn Love
Old 02-15-2003, 06:14 PM   #13
creedlvr
USER INFO »
thanks souldancer!

yes ... i find it very frustrating to keep hearing the media and even just people i know continue to say that Creed are a christian rock group. i really try to explain it "nicely" the best i can ... but it is SO frustrating when people insist they are right ... and some of them don't even listen to their music that much. i can't seem to figure out what they base their insistant opinions on.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #14
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently:
Hello Shaddix- I'm from Minnesota, U.S.A.

The people that have posted before have answered your questions wonderfully. I am fairly new to this forum, but I feel that there is alot of love, caring, and spirituality here. Creed has had the ability to unite people all over the world. In these difficult times, and the possibility of war, unity in peace and spirit is so very important.

I hope that you continue to visit this forum, peace and love will unite the world, if we give it a chance.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #15
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
<b>It comes through on your posts! &nbsp;Thanks for that. &nbsp;I try, but humbly fail at times, then work at forgiving. I love this line from my yoga teacher "Energy goes wherever our attention goes"...or perhaps you are familiar with this one..."'cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life"... </b>

I like that Souldancer! And yes, I too, have heard that last one... let me see, where have I heard that? LOL PEACE....

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On