++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Thoughts on CreedFeed Redesign?
Keep it as is, no change 1 10.00%
Just change colors and/or width of pages 1 10.00%
Complete template redesign 6 60.00%
Other ideas (see my post below) 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Site Updates Poll - Design Thoughts?

Would you like to see a complete CreedFeed site redesign, or just a modification of the current template (change colors, make it bigger/wider, etc.)?

Please post thoughts here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Site Updates Poll - Design Thoughts?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Would you like to see a complete CreedFeed site redesign, or just a modification of the current template (change colors, make it bigger/wider, etc.)?

Please post thoughts here.
alrighty steve, i kinda like still so into the warm tones, i dont know if you can recall, but we use to have a little thing at the bottom of the screen, where you could like change the color, to where you wanted, to please everyone, i think that would be perfect the guys like the black and i like this one, and lets see, there need to be some updates that are like to old that needs to be placed in the archives, and just recent updates of the guys, AB And Creed, And Also steve, the pm boxes, can we get that fixed where we can have more texting space like a major plus for me, and could we like thrown in a sparkly gutiar icon wit flames, a lit baby gibson, steve your the best man, peace be with us in all things in jesus name...
Old 07-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

I'd like to see a complete redesign. Right now it looks like a site from the 90's. With ABB and Creedworld looking so sweet, we got to keep up. I think Jared has great ideas for what he want's the site to look like and I support him.

My idea for a redesign would be to allow images, gifs and all on the forums. A section for creed videos and images. More detailed profiles like blogs. Functionality with facebook and twitter. A color scheme that consists of maybe some light red, black and silver. Maybe some graphics on the page that are similar to the design the Greatest hits album had.

I would also like to see some updates for the sites features. This is something I'd like to be involved with. Like a consistent update of news on the front page, an update on the bands bio, updated lyrics, etc. I think if the fans that come to this site had some accessibility to update these things they would not get stuck in the past. Maybe not all the members should be allowed to change these things, maybe only the most loyal and dedicated.

I'd really like this place to turn into the no.1 place for Creed news and discussion.

Maybe some new moderators if we get more users like we currently have been getting.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
bilal
USER INFO »

I am not sure if I like the idea of a complete makeover. A lot of folks here sometimes do stay away for a while, for some reasons, but a good thing is that they always come back and its a good feeling finding this site in its original way... the familiarity and all the thing. On the other hand, the new crowd may find the out look of this site a little dated.

I would say, lets keep the color theme intact, and upgrade the rest.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) I am not sure if I like the idea of a complete makeover. A lot of folks here sometimes do stay away for a while, for some reasons, but a good thing is that they always come back and its a good feeling finding this site in its original way... the familiarity and all the thing. On the other hand, the new crowd may find the out look of this site a little dated.

I would say, lets keep the color theme intact, and upgrade the rest.
thank you bilal.... , BLESSINGS AND STRENETH, Brother,
Old 07-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #6
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) ... A lot of folks here sometimes do stay away for a while, for some reasons, but a good thing is that they always come back and its a good feeling finding this site in its original way... the familiarity and all the thing. ...
Very, very good point.
Every time I type the address into the URL bar, I have this funny feeling something's going to be different (or the board won't be here at all)... it's a relief to see that not everything has to have a new version up every five weeks.

However, when it comes to functionality and the constantly-evolving nature of forum technology and the Internet in general, CF could definitely benefit from an upgrade. If there's a way to keep the colour scheme and/or the major elements of the layout intact while still upgrading the board for the changing times, then I don't see any reason not to go forward with it.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Yeah, I just think it needs a modern look and different info. I think you should stay away from using Full Circle artwork though. It's too dark and a little depressing. Besides then you would have to change it with the next album. I wish the main site was a little more interactive aswell.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Yeah, I just think it needs a modern look and different info. I think you should stay away from using Full Circle artwork though. It's too dark and a little depressing. Besides then you would have to change it with the next album. I wish the main site was a little more interactive aswell.
deppressing , not to mention wit da econmy in the shapes its in brother for those who cant get a ticket thats what makes that feel come in, i like you, THE WORD SAYS GIVE NOT IN TO THE SPIRT OF OPPRESSION When It Falleth, There Is A Rare Beauty In It Though, The Word Says To Rejoice, It be A strange JOY From A Strangeland, Outsiders Would Call Breaking, but its really digesting , anyway back on the topic i love the netrual tones, They Remind Me Of Human Clay Art Work, anyways i,ll get back wit ya,s, on it, PEACE BE WITH YOU...
Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Yeah I went with a complete redesign... it might take awhile but it would be worth it no offense but everything is outdated (including the design) you could most likely keep the board and do more with it... like turning the img/vid embed codes on etc. but the main site needs a huge facelift.

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 07-29-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Yeah I went with a complete redesign... it might take awhile but it would be worth it no offense but everything is outdated (including the design) you could most likely keep the board and do more with it... like turning the img/vid embed codes on etc. but the main site needs a huge facelift.
alrighty, but take it easy on the larger uploading images, please and thank you, PEACE BE WITH US AT CREEDFEED, love my guys, if they wish to upgrade us, like everybody elses killler sites, ...............
Old 08-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

I just want to be able to change My avatar and profile picture again. That part of the board has been malfunctioning for Me ever since I came back.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
I just want to be able to change My avatar and profile picture again. That part of the board has been malfunctioning for Me ever since I came back.
really it worked fine the last time i used it, steve will have to fix it, now since you brought it up i,ve been wanting to change mine as well, but i cant part with the crown of thorns but the one i wanna use its a motion one,
Old 08-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #13
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

What happen when you try to change your avatar?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
Redeemer
USER INFO »

Quote: Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_DataManager_Userpic::vB_DataManager_Userpic() in /home/creed/public_html/community/includes/class_dm_userpic.php on line 204

I get that warm and fuzzy message.
Fatal, indeed.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

I get that warm and fuzzy message.
Fatal, indeed.
i,ll try to do a test on it not that i wish to change me avi, see if it works, if it works for me and not you, then it may be your browser, or what steve calls cookies, so help me lord, me mam had to hook up a mouse for me this week, and that is saying a lot,