++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2003, 09:05 PM   #31
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
As you all know by now I am a Registered Nurse! I work in a big hospital outside Washington DC. I am a 12hour shift nurse, working in a BUSY post-surgical unit, I take care of patients after Orthopedic surgery, brain surgery and bladder surgery. They stay on my unit until until they go home. I used to be a Team Leader on the unit but stopped due to mounting stress and no extra pay! So I am a full time RN charge nurse,also taking on average 6 patients. Love taking good care of my patients but this proffession is KICKING MY ASS!!!!!! It is harder than anyone can imagine, even myself sometimes!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-10-2003, 09:52 PM   #32
shane
USER INFO »
I am a purchasing Director for an aircraft company, out of Teterboro, NJ Handle alot of Corporate Aircraft, John Travolta, Madonna, Cindy Crawford, Bon Jovi, Etc.... all fly into the hangar that I work out of. I am waiting for Creed so if any knows there flight pattern, Next time they come into the New York area, Let me know.....
Old 01-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #33
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shane
I am a purchasing Director for an aircraft company, out of Teterboro, NJ  Handle alot of  Corporate Aircraft,  John Travolta, Madonna, Cindy Crawford, Bon Jovi, Etc.... all fly into the hangar that I work out of.  I am waiting for Creed so if any knows there flight pattern, Next time they come into the New York area, Let me know.....

COOL!!!! Have you met all these people?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-10-2003, 09:55 PM   #34
shane
USER INFO »
Jen

I give you alot of credit I had 2 surgery's this year so I was more in the hospital and the nurses were absolutly terrific without them I would of never made it through my surgery feeling so safe and afterwards they took such good care of me, I was so sick from the anistia, both times bad reaction. I had back surgery and the nursers were there 24 hours and they were exhausted. When I left the hospital, I bought them all a box of candy to show them my appreciation...
Old 01-10-2003, 09:57 PM   #35
shane
USER INFO »
We saw them from a distance, Madonna went up to one of the guys that I work with and he had no clue who she was until she said to him do you know who I am and she smiled and then he realized who it was, They come in with hats, and kind of in cognito ()lol)
Old 01-10-2003, 10:01 PM   #36
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shane
Jen

I give you alot of credit I had 2 surgery's this year so I was more in the hospital and the nurses were absolutly terrific without them I would of never made it through my surgery feeling so safe and afterwards they took such good care of me, I was so sick from the anistia, both times bad reaction.  I had back surgery and the nursers were there 24 hours and they were exhausted. When I left the hospital, I bought them all a box of candy to show them my appreciation...

AH Thanks! Yeah Nursing is tough as hell, scares the crap out of me knowing I have at least 20 more years of it! Anesthesia is rough, people get really sick! It is good you showed your appreciation to the nurses it means a lot to us, really! I know when I had a bad car accident and my mechanic had my car for 1 month, the day I picked up my car I took them lunch and bags of candy, they loved it! I really think when people do a good job they need to be told! I take care of back surgeries mostly on my unit! It is rough as hell, hope your recovery went well!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-10-2003, 10:39 PM   #37
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by SJack5802
Yeah, you could direct amateur wrestling matches. (TCW) You have the most experience with that.  Him an I are going to be the only ones that know what i'm talking about.

some of the shit we did was pretty damn funny though
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-10-2003, 11:05 PM   #38
KBoo925
USER INFO »
My turn....
I'm a dancer...just started rehearsals again for a project this Spring and I'm so out of shape from the holidays I want to cry!
I'm a Yoga teacher...I teach about 6 classes a week at gyms and studios in Philly and NJ.
I'm a waitress and bartender in a hotel in Philly...previous two professions don't pay off car loans and credit cards.
I'm a soul seeker....pays the least and the hours are killing me, but it's ulitmately the most rewarding.
Gotta get to bed.
GNITE. PEACE!!
Old 01-11-2003, 05:41 AM   #39
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by addicted2stapp
i'm a college student too..

But when i leave i wanna be either a law secretary or a receptionist of some kind.

You wanna be like me?? Awwww........ Hayley!! You might have to do some study to do that, but I didn't. I was looking for work for 10 months after finishing school, and I just happened to stumble upon the perfect job! I had absolutely no experience, but they took me on in a junior role and trained me up to be secretary.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:28 PM   #40
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by KBoo925
My turn....
I'm a dancer...just started rehearsals again for a project this Spring and I'm so out of shape from the holidays I want to cry!
I'm a Yoga teacher...I teach about 6 classes a week at gyms and studios in Philly and NJ.
I'm a waitress and bartender in a hotel in Philly...previous two professions don't pay off car loans and credit cards.
I'm a soul seeker....pays the least and the hours are killing me, but it's ulitmately the most rewarding.  
Gotta get to bed.
GNITE.  PEACE!!

I want to start Yoga so bad, wish you were closer!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-11-2003, 01:40 PM   #41
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
AH Thanks!  Yeah Nursing is tough as hell, scares the crap out of me knowing I have at least 20 more years of it!  Anesthesia is rough, people get really sick!  It is good you showed your appreciation to the nurses it means a lot to us, really!  I know when I had a bad car accident and my mechanic had my car for 1 month, the day I picked up my car I took them lunch and bags of candy, they loved it!  I really think when people do a good job they need to be told!  I take care of back surgeries mostly on my unit!  It is rough as hell, hope your recovery went well!

I know when I had both of my kids, I brought breakfast to all of the nurses each day for about 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital. They were so good to me, both times that I wanted to let them know I appreciated it.