++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
creedmarine81
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
creed and pearl jam

i dont know one irritating comparison i hear alot is how creed sounds like pearl jam........ i dont see no similarity at all ...... vedders voice is not even as strong as stapps ... pearl jam is good but them and creed sound so different.. anybody with an opinion
Old 09-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
J.T.
USER INFO »
Re: creed and pearl jam

No I don't really see the similarities. But people are going to cream you with rants on how Vedders voice is better than Stapps...I don't agree, it just happens a lot.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
bilal
USER INFO »

this IS an IRRITATING comparison

They both sound different and they both have different singing styles..... Eddie Vedder has been singing for over 17 years now and has done all sorts of songs... from his early youth years of Ten and Vs till the very melodic undertones of Binaural and Riot Act....... Scott has his own Baritone.... Musically, Creed and Pearl Jam are way way different....

no Comparison!.. save for one that they both are AWESOME bands....
Old 09-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

There are some similarities between their voices, but not enough to warrant the accusations that Stapp ripped off Vedder's vox. Now, there have been countless incidents of things like that really happening. For example, alot of the singers in eighties hard rock bands sounded like banshees on their period (don't get me wrong, I love bands like Poison and Tesla, but they all had these high-pitched similar vocals). Trivium has been sounding a little too much like James Hetfield of late. Visions Of Atlantis sounds really similar to Nightwish. And there are other examples. But I don't think that the Vedder/Stapp comparison is valid. They are two different bands with two different messages and two different sounds.

Now I will say this; as much as I love Creed, it has not made the same impact on music as Pearl Jam has. While Creed's effect on the industry was largely temporary, Pearl Jam has had a much greater impact. Not saying that Pearl Jam is a better band, but it will be remembered by more people than will Creed, and it deserves to.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »

I always thought it was interesting before I started listening to Pearl Jam and really becoming a fan of theirs. Suddenly, I realized what people were talking about.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

As much as I love Creed, Eddie Vedder a bajillion times the lyricist Scott Stapp could ever be. He's an amazing storyteller, both in words and voice.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:38 AM   #7
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Well I have to confess that at the beginning I saw similarities about their voices...wasnt sure who was singing....but like Bilal pointed here....they were/are awesome bands, so no comparison.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #8
J.T.
USER INFO »

Scott Stapp pwns Eddit Vedder.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #9
bilal
USER INFO »

-
Old 09-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Fail -.- Eddie pwns Scott. I mean, look at PJ's career. You cannot deny that kind of success...and I don't mean success as far as sales or anything like that. I mean success as far as impact.

As far as Vedder and Stapp sounding alike, that's just bull. They may have some trace similarities, but not enough to warrant a whole argument. I mean, Ved's got a whole different style going on. Completely different. So what's the deal?

People sure as hell like to find random things to argue about.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #11
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) There are some similarities between their voices, but not enough to warrant the accusations that Stapp ripped off Vedder's vox. Now, there have been countless incidents of things like that really happening. For example, alot of the singers in eighties hard rock bands sounded like banshees on their period (don't get me wrong, I love bands like Poison and Tesla, but they all had these high-pitched similar vocals). Trivium has been sounding a little too much like James Hetfield of late. Visions Of Atlantis sounds really similar to Nightwish. And there are other examples. But I don't think that the Vedder/Stapp comparison is valid. They are two different bands with two different messages and two different sounds.

Now I will say this; as much as I love Creed, it has not made the same impact on music as Pearl Jam has. While Creed's effect on the industry was largely temporary, Pearl Jam has had a much greater impact. Not saying that Pearl Jam is a better band, but it will be remembered by more people than will Creed, and it deserves to.
well my thread was to long haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i,ll have to make my own to comment yours i
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
Buddah
Banned
USER INFO »

Is this a time warp?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #13
Buddah
Banned
USER INFO »

i swore this was a topic of conversation about 10 years ago

who the hell still cares about scott stapp or creed for that matter?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #14
Buddah
Banned
USER INFO »

I do!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #15
Buddah
Banned
USER INFO »