++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Domestic battery charge dropped

Just saw this on the front page of Yahoo (is it really that relevant?!?)

Quote: WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Prosecutors have dropped a domestic battery charge against Scott Stapp after the rocker completed terms of an agreement including a requirement that he participate in anger management counseling.
ADVERTISEMENT

The former frontman for Creed was arrested in May after his wife, Jaclyn Nesheiwat, called police to their Boca Raton home. She accused Stapp of taking drugs and throwing a bottle at her, according to a tape of her 911 call.

Stapp was originally charged with aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, but the charge was later reduced to a misdemeanor.

He participated in a 12-hour anger management program, underwent substance abuse evaluation and agreed not to possess any weapons.

The Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office said the misdemeanor charge was officially dropped Monday.

A telephone message left Thursday for Stapp's attorney wasn't immediately returned.

Stapp and Nesheiwat, a former Miss New York USA, were married in February 2006 in Miami. The couple have a baby daughter, Milan Hayat Stapp.

Creed sold more than 25 million records in the United States. Stapp has since launched a solo career.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071213/...le_scott_stapp

It's pretty funny, because I was just thinking today how it's been a while since Stapp was last in the news, and then this comes out today. Anyway, it's good to hear that he's doing what he should be doing. From what I can tell, they've reconciled and seem to be working through the problems--or so I hope.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 12-13-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #2
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Re: Domestic battery charge dropped

Don't mean to sound mean, but, don't get ur hopes to high with stapp staying out of trouble! I also hope they're better with each other and not just saying it as MOST celebs do these days . Now that the chargers are dropped, I hope he can stay out of trouble and do what the hell he has to do, cuz with him getting in trouble it's like I'm reading about a child, he does childish stuff way to much!!! I'm just sick of it, no more enough already man!!! Time to focus on home and the love of music now bro!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

hes a rock star what do you expect.......hell everyone thats famous in some way always has mess ups.. ups and downs.. then again they are only human .. just because they have alot of money doesnt mean they are aliens... give stapp a break..... were all not perfect in more than one way.. people need to just get off his back....he is a grown man and he doesnt need anyone holding his hand........
Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) hes a rock star what do you expect.......hell everyone thats famous in some way always has mess ups.. ups and downs.. then again they are only human .. just because they have alot of money doesnt mean they are aliens... give stapp a break..... were all not perfect in more than one way.. people need to just get off his back....he is a grown man and he doesnt need anyone holding his hand........

Well duh, of cause he's a grown man, but if u haven't noticed, his actions are very childish. Yes he's human, but damn how many times be4 u can say to urself enough already. If we where perfect it would be a boring world, don't u think?? We all mess up not just the famous, hell I mess up to, but my god, everytime u mess up, u get arrested after u get in trouble 2, wow! Maybe he does need someone to hold his hand. As long as it's stapp, people will always be on his back, he makes it that way. But I will say, I am happy (for now) that he seems like he's getting his life back on track, for how long, time will only tell.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

yah i understand what your saying but he gets too much negativity from everyone when in all reality he is not that bad compared to many other rock stars out there.... i think people are just jealous and always have been since he came out with creed and he is one of those men who are always going to have people waiting in the wings to bash him for doing what we non famous people do at different points of our lives.. i dont get how people can be fascinated by downing people just because we all have faults.. instead of talking about all his mistakes we need to butt out of his personal flaws and look at all the good he has done ....
Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) yah i understand what your saying but he gets too much negativity from everyone when in all reality he is not that bad compared to many other rock stars out there.... i think people are just jealous and always have been since he came out with creed and he is one of those men who are always going to have people waiting in the wings to bash him for doing what we non famous people do at different points of our lives.. i dont get how people can be fascinated by downing people just because we all have faults.. instead of talking about all his mistakes we need to butt out of his personal flaws and look at all the good he has done ....

Believe me, I'm not jealous, never have never will be. I love Creed, I wish they where back together, I really do! But scott makes it his own fault by saying how he's done with this and that, then goes back to being a fool. I had enough of hearing "I'm sorry" from him, just do what u have to do with ur life and stop the BS already! Enough with "I'm sorry", then doing it all over again, then saying how sorry he is again. It's like a broken record. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry"!!!! Scott makes people mad at him, I'm just sick of it! But u know what gets me, when people defend a person that they don't know, but will talk about some else behind there backs. We as people down other people all the time, u can't say u haven't cuz we all do. We talk about someone's hair, clothes, the way they talk, walk, gender, etc....etc... We all do it, I do it. Until I see stapp doing good, and doing good for a long time, sure I will praise him, I will be sooooo happy for him, that I will start a thread on how great he's doing. I just want him to have good news, and not the same old bad news in the media! I am happy to see him and jaclyn together though, they do look very happy!!! I just hope it stays that way!!!

Last edited by Stappishot : 12-15-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
in reality
USER INFO »

I'll be glad too if he doesn't have any problems when the new cd is released. That's when he ran into trouble the last time, with the Great Divide being released. So hope all goes well. But it is true that other rock stars are not under the same scrutiny, for instance, this is a bit from MTV News: "Scott Weiland's DUI case will be continued on January 17, according to TMZ.com — the Velvet Revolver frontman was due to be arraigned Thursday (December 13). Maybe it would have helped if the rocker had gotten that news Wednesday night, when he allegedly ranted onstage at Velvet Revolver's show in Hollywood, the site reports. Weiland reportedly said his group is not the "Mormon Tabernacle f---ing Choir" and, a source allegedly told the site, steered clear of his bandmates backstage after the show and didn't have his picture taken." So they all have problems. Plus Scott had to reinvent himself after Creed, more pressure for him.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

like i instated Earlier In Realtiy Hank Jr Sung It Best *** ITS A FAMILIY TRADTION !!!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #9
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by in reality) I'll be glad too if he doesn't have any problems when the new cd is released. That's when he ran into trouble the last time, with the Great Divide being released. So hope all goes well. But it is true that other rock stars are not under the same scrutiny, for instance, this is a bit from MTV News: "Scott Weiland's DUI case will be continued on January 17, according to TMZ.com — the Velvet Revolver frontman was due to be arraigned Thursday (December 13). Maybe it would have helped if the rocker had gotten that news Wednesday night, when he allegedly ranted onstage at Velvet Revolver's show in Hollywood, the site reports. Weiland reportedly said his group is not the "Mormon Tabernacle f---ing Choir" and, a source allegedly told the site, steered clear of his bandmates backstage after the show and didn't have his picture taken." So they all have problems. Plus Scott had to reinvent himself after Creed, more pressure for him.
Really??? Wyland as a comparison to Stapp?

LMAO!

Might as well say Scott has issues because Jim Morrison did...

Apples and oranges bro...

Heaven

Old 12-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
in reality
USER INFO »

Heaven, I just was using Weiland as an example of how the media handles different news stories regarding entertainers. I have no interest in Weiland myself. Never did. Never will. Just how this plays out as a blurb in the news, compared to when stapp had trouble playing in chicago a few years ago. Just making a comparison to the media interest of these two random events both involving singers. I was susprised to find an example so easily. But I have no interest in anything Weiland does, and wish him all the best regardless. As I'm sure his fans do.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) hes a rock star what do you expect.......hell everyone thats famous in some way always has mess ups.. ups and downs.. then again they are only human .. just because they have alot of money doesnt mean they are aliens... give stapp a break..... were all not perfect in more than one way.. people need to just get off his back....he is a grown man and he doesnt need anyone holding his hand........

I would think if you're a grown man, it might be time to grow up and act like one. Regardless of how people party in high school or college or later in their 20s, most people seem to slow down and not party so much. Then again, maybe he just does all this so he can inspire new songs for himself. Listening to Creed and his own lyrics, you get the sense he's not always happy with himself, etc. Why not try and do something about it?

You say he doesn't need people holding his hand, but he really does. Normal people don't *allegedly* get high or wasted frequently and *allegedly* throw bottles at their wives' heads. Normal people don't tape sex acts with Kid Rock. And while we're on the subject, it's not really a good idea to excuse someone's behavior just because they're a rock star (and a mediocre one, at that).

I hope you wouldn't think that Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan/Amy Winehouse/////// shouldn't go to jail because they're megastars and their adoring public needs them on the outside. If they are, in fact, people just like us, as you assert, then they should be expected to behave in pretty much the same way. Or are they so egomaniacal that even their closest friends can't get through to them?

Old 12-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #12
Stappishot
USER INFO »

Very nicely put, and said Rmadd!!! U know u would think since he has a wife and 2 kids, especially the new baby, he would calm down and relax. I guess some people don't wanna give up the "single" life just yet. Like I said be4, don't get ur hopes up to high with stapp, he may be looking good now, but stapp is stapp, plus he had to be good, for god's sake, he had the courts breathing down his back!!! But now, he doesn't. I just think stapp likes the attention, the more he stays in the public eye, the more people will always talk about him, rather good or bad. He craves attention like a little spoiled child in toys "r" us! Have u noticed everytime stapp has an album out, he always gets very "lets talk to my fans now" almost very shady, u have this coming out, and u wanna show mad love now, but be4 we couldn't get a "hi" from u, kind of strange to me.

Last edited by Stappishot : 12-17-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:50 AM   #13
titan9
USER INFO »

What I want to know is why the hell "rockstars" like Weiland don't get criticized more often for their constant problems with breaking the law, while Stapp does a few things and gets a ton of criticism. I am not saying that it is acceptable behavior, because it is not, but rather that there is a double standard that really isn't fair. If you come down hard on Stapp, come down hard on Weiland, too. I have a feeling this has a lot to do with Stapp's Christianity, as it seems like society comes down harder on the fallen Christian than on the fallen non-believer. There should not be a double standard based on one's religion.

Stapp is no angel. He's screwed up a LOT. But compare him to a guy like Weiland and, really, there's no comparison.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #14
in reality
USER INFO »

Thanks titan, that's what I was trying to say. I guess it is because of him being a christian, but the media takes it a step too far. Then the other two came in this thread, and act like Stapp can't even promote his new cd. Like he's not allowed to even mention it. I remember reading at a STP board a few years ago about what they used to say about Creed and all. The time when Weiland told them to vote against Creed for an award. They acted like Weiland was a saint or something. I guess they were wrong.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

It probably is because of the Christian thing, as some view it as hypocritical of him to act like that, given that he has professed his Christianity. I'm not saying it's fair, but that's probably part of it. Weiland never expressed anything like that, as far as I can recall, so yeah, there does seem to be a bit of a double standard. No offense to any Christians, but some seem very judgmental of others when they really should be looking at how they live their own lives, because nobody, even a Christian, is perfect. This by no means signifies that I'm excusing Stapp's behavior. Far from it.