++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-01-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I went to Church today

Yes, I went to a local Baptist Church this morning for the 10am service. I feel so proud of myself, I have never step foot inside a church in my whole life, not even to a wedding, or on a school trip. I went with a friend, she said that she wanted me to experiance what it was like hearing a Pastor speak, and hearing what people had to say, I was very curious, and I enjoyed myself alot. It was a very interesting experience, as right now in my life I am not sure what I believe in, I don't know if there is a God, a Heaven, or a Hell. I have been like this for awhile, and I'm not sure what it is that's out there.

Going to Church will broaden what I think of whatever is out there, and make
myself feel good inside. Next Sunday I am going to another one of my friends Churches, and the weekend after that. Just to see what it's like, and if I really like it and I start feeling more for God, then I probably will attend every weekend, who knows.

I'm proud Just wondering, how many of you here attend church regularly?
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006

Last edited by - hayley - : 08-01-2004 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:52 AM   #2
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Yeh I do. I am on the worship team. My church does contemporary to rock style songs so its really good!

I remember years ago I basically did the same thing that you did. I just really liked how down to earth and real the people there were. Around my area we considered Christians brainwashed, but these people weren't. They asked questions and stuff and I like that. They were a genuine family. Eventually, with no pressure, I fell in love with Jesus.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 08-20-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Thats cool Hayley
I go to church on Wed nights and Sunday mornings. I've learned so much from my Pastor about God that I never knew before I enjoy going a lot, it is very strengthening at times as well!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-20-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I go to church as regularly as possible. I love my youth group, they are all such cool people. Hayley, I am also proud of you for going to church. One of the guys in they youth group......well, he's not that young anymore, but he stayed with us....but he wrote a song and part of it goes...
"...Change is my healing
Change is my proof that
Searching and trying
I hear you speaking..."

I've thought about those lines alot, and although there aren't many words there, but they really mean alot. I've always wanted to share them....although I did not write them, and I think this is a good time to share them.
Hope you find something in them.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 08-21-2004, 09:36 AM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Yes saxon i did, i believe im gonna write it down for my self it some what reminds me that prayer changes things in our lifes and that sometimes gets a littlie Rocky, but some how i know its a work in progress, so you just .............God Bless You, And Thank you So Much For Sharing
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-21-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Sister, that is a new perspective for me to look at those. It's amazing how a few lines can mean so many things. One way I've always looked at is, like if you are lost....or haven't been following God the way you should have, you can change directions, which heals you, and because you are healed it is proof, that if you search and try to hear him, you will hear God speak to you. Did that make sense????

Wow, Hayley, you changed your username......again.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp

Last edited by Creed_Defaultgirl : 08-21-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:27 AM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Yes sweete that does make sense B/c cause God Moves On Everybody in Diverse Ways B/c Were not the same
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
I do. it's good times. when i was younger (like 1st-5th grade), i'd always lament going just, really, i dunno why. it's amazing how much you get out of it when you pay close attention

Old 08-23-2004, 03:07 PM   #9
cyndeelouwho
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -)
I'm proud Just wondering, how many of you here attend church regularly?

Use to go everyday! Went to parochial school so we were literally in church everyday. I think you get out of it what you put into it like anything else. Keep an open mind and dont get sucked into anyone persons faith. Do what you feel is right for your own soul. I no longer attend church services of any faith. I make a bondfire in the back yard and sing with my kids. We pray in the outdoors. I like no one telling me how to dress or sing to God.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #10
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Sometimes church can actually help you in your walk with Him. Helps you learn how to walk in closer relationship; helps you get rid of things that get in the way. I even find that the worst problems I have at church help me grow in God more! So church is helpful. Even if it is at home. I had one of the best church services at a friends house. We had 4 non-Christians come in and join us. It was awesome!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 10:19 AM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cyndeelouwho) Use to go everyday! Went to parochial school so we were literally in church everyday. I think you get out of it what you put into it like anything else. Keep an open mind and dont get sucked into anyone persons faith. Do what you feel is right for your own soul. I no longer attend church services of any faith. I make a bondfire in the back yard and sing with my kids. We pray in the outdoors. I like no one telling me how to dress or sing to God.
i know it that sucks , yo should be able to sing like ya want!!!! And the strict dress codes are a shame, Really,