++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 09-06-2004, 10:11 AM   #16
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by jbjfan) Hilary Duff: "I think evanescence has a pretty bad influence on children. They're okay for now, but i dont think they'll be popular two years from now."
Phhhh...she will soon learn to watch what she says publicly. She's young, and silly...

A bad influence! See, she doesnt understand that yes, the music is dark, but it is actually a wonderful dark, cos deep calls unto deep, and alot of kids need deep and dark, its their language. Evanescence are full of light though, even though they seem dark, they have a subtle message of hope. If it were obvious, it wouldnt even get a first listen to the kids that need it!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #17
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Evanescence is an alright band and I was thinking about getting their CD, but I listened to the CD from a camper from a camp I went to over the summer and thought it sounded a bit repetitive, and it didn't do anything for me. The "My Immortal" CD version doesn't even get heavy at the end. It stays soft all the way through. That was a disappointment.

Hillary and Amy are both hot though!

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #18
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
um the cd has both versions of my immortal, and two, the second version was a forced version by wind up which makes it crap.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:14 AM   #19
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Evanescence are close to Linkin Park, talent-wise, so yeah, they're not talented.

I was really disappointed when I bought Fallen. Terrible, terrible album. I am not planning on buying their next album.
LP not Talented???? Whoa buddy... ok.. i know they're like Techno Rock n stuff... but have you heard Chester Sing????? Damn... what a fucking range taht guy has!!!!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 09-07-2004, 10:01 PM   #20
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Iced) um the cd has both versions of my immortal, and two, the second version was a forced version by wind up which makes it crap.

The one I listened to didn't...

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-08-2004, 02:57 AM   #21
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by R U Ready?) The one I listened to didn't...
My one doesnt have both...

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 09-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #22
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
the initial release did not have both versions on it. And from what i understood about the song was that they weren't done with the song and used the demo (which Amy and Ben didn't want to do) on the CD and the band's version was what is played on the radio and the video. I personally like both versions of the song, I love the CD version because it is basically just Amy and the piano and the band version because it builds up to a hard driving point.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #23
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by kariyanine) the initial release did not have both versions on it. And from what i understood about the song was that they weren't done with the song and used the demo (which Amy and Ben didn't want to do) on the CD and the band's version was what is played on the radio and the video. I personally like both versions of the song, I love the CD version because it is basically just Amy and the piano and the band version because it builds up to a hard driving point.

i thought it was the other way around...oh well, who knows
Old 09-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #24
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
dont get me started on hillary, she cant sing for shit, FOR SHIT.
Everything she does is "studio fixed" because my ass can make better noises then her.

Seriously, i saw a "live performance" on the much music award show and she fucking lip-synched it, i mean what the hell is that? she sucks hardcore/

Evenesance i dont think are bad at all, shure there not "AMAZING GODLY" but their CD has alot of good songs on it (all seem very similer) and at least amy actually sings half the shit she does

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 09-08-2004, 10:33 PM   #25
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) dont get me started on hillary, she cant sing for shit, FOR SHIT.
Everything she does is "studio fixed" because my ass can make better noises then her.

What do U mean they are not "...amazing Godly"? Do U mean not full-on evangelical-worship-esque.
Quote: (Originally Posted by kariyanine) I personally like both versions of the song, I love the CD version because it is basically just Amy and the piano and the band version because it builds up to a hard driving point
mmm, yes,well said.

ROCK HARD!!!