++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #61
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) Grow up...it takes two to tango. And unless you have FACTS that stapp alone was the ONLY reason the band broke up...then share em'. NONE OF US know all the intimate details of what caused the break-up, or who is entirely to blame. As far as being owed something? WTF? What planet do you live on? Since when did buying a bands albums turn into those bands OWEING fans anything more? Is the music not enough for you?

I thought that was you I saw up there CT lol How's the weather up there? If it's warm...I'd love to join ya...I'll bring my own supply of glasses...and the cross too...if necessary.

Mods slamming members of the board....not a surprise at all. This used to be a pretty cool board back when I first joined, it seemed that ALL opinions were welcome then..not anymore. Times sure do change. Why....I bet next time I come back here in a week or so...this thread will be locked....just like all the others.

Sure you can join me!!! It can get a bit chilly, so bring a sweater, but for the most part, it's really nice..... You might want to bring along an extra cross or two as well, no telling how many are going to need one. Oh, and if your prone to nosebleeds, you may want to bring something along for that too.... LMAO!!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #62
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Don't forget to include yourself among those someones.

And I take credit for the cross *digs* as you call them. You need to develop thicker skin if you think such a comment was an insult, dig or slam. You only seem to come here when a difference of opinion regarding the vaunted Scott Stapp appears. You don't seem to have much else to contribute to the board discussion. And I still think you enjoy martyrdom.

I did include myself in amongst those someones dogstar. I will ALWAYS have something to say when I feel the need to say it in regards to Stapp. I hope that's not a problem for you, or anyone else. If you or others feel like I'm being a troublemaker, why that's fine by me. The same could be said of many here. Right?

What exactly constitutes an insult, dig, or slam?? Your the moderator, please tell me?? Or should I wait until someone tells me to pull my head out of someone's ass to ask????

Sorry dogstar if my discussions don't wander much away from this particular forum. Reading were young men tell each other to "lick their balls"...isn't my type of contribution. I'm sure you and the others here will understand. that.....
Old 03-09-2005, 09:59 PM   #63
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I did include myself in amongst those someones dogstar. I will ALWAYS have something to say when I feel the need to say it in regards to Stapp. I hope that's not a problem for you, or anyone else. If you or others feel like I'm being a troublemaker, why that's fine by me. The same could be said of many here. Right?
I never said you were a troublemaker. I said you don't have much else to contribute except to whine when you feel you are being slammed by the mods or when you want to chime on yet another disagreement on Stapp. You play the martyr in almost every post. Sorry if I find that a tad annoying.

Quote: What exactly constitutes an insult, dig, or slam?? Your the moderator, please tell me?? Or should I wait until someone tells me to pull my head out of someone's ass to ask????
I'm only one of several mods, not THE mod, but name-calling is what I don't like. I didn't call you any disparaging names; that's what I consider insulting and out of line.

Quote: Reading were young men tell each other to "lick their balls"...isn't my type of contribution. I'm sure you and the others here will understand. that.....

That young man has been warned and likely will be banned if he continues. You've been around long enough to know that Steve doesn't like that sort of talk. And there are plenty of forums here outside of Stapp topics that you could contribute to. You choose not to, and that's fine. But I don't find your contributions all that enlightening or even enjoyable, as I'm sure you have the same opinion of mine.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #64
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, I make no apologies for what I said to Ann. I make no apologies for any of the things I've said regarding the 'Stapp Worshippers' as I've come to know them. I am not a Stapp Basher. I am not a Stapp Hater. I AM, however, getting annoyed because he DID promise good music and he's produced.......nothing. I could see if he didn't make the rounds last year on all the talk shows and boasted about what great stuff he was doing. But he did, then he gave us nothing. He DID promise something, he HASN'T yet delivered. So do I think he owes us something? YES I sure do. Do I think those of us who had our hopes up for some product feel like we've been put off and put off and put off? YES I sure do. Do I care if I hurt the feelings of some who feel the need to put the man on a pedastal and treat him as if he walks on water? NO, I sure don't. Because there are only so many times one can be disappointed before one wises up and learns to move on. One must learn that Stapp sits when he shits just like the rest of us.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Last edited by TeriB19 : 03-09-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #65
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) And it's all because I can find something good in Stapp. It's because I still have a positive attitude, and it's because I do my best to understand. It's because I can still think that I found some performance he did great, or that I'm looking forward to his new cd. It's because I find some things he may do worthwhile. And it's because I think differently than most here. That's why the personal digs titan.

It will never stop, because it's not supposed to. It's never gonna make any difference how hard anyone tries...there will ALWAYS be someone who has something to say.

Yes, you can find something good in Stapp. So can I. The man is mega-talented. He has phenomenal stage-presence and is an excellent front-man. I think it's wonderful that you've got a positive attitude, and you just keep on waiting and looking forward to that new cd. You find some things he MAY do worthwhile. MAY being the operative word. And the personal digs aren't because you have a positive attitude, it's because you can't see the forest for the trees, no matter how many trees fall on your head! How many more months will you wait? 6? 12? Will you wait forever for a Stapp album?

Quote: And yeah, Scott Stapp owes us some music, give me a break. These guys get paid ridiculous amounts of money to make MUSIC. They do NOTHING productive, in a technical sense. If every musician on the planet were to suddenly forget how to play, the world would go on just fine.

So when a guy lives off of his FANS' money (quite comfortably, also), the least he could do is GIVE THEM SOME DECENT MUSIC.
Decent music which he PROMISED US over a year ago! Damn right he owes us something. Had he not gone on national television several times and bragged about the great music he was going to be putting out, none of us would even be HAVING this discussion. But he DID promise something, and I don't know about you, but I'm not hearing anything new.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #66
TheProphetess
USER INFO »
Stapp

Give the guy a break.....After all that he's been through, the least we all can do is give him some time...Remember, Good things come to those who wait!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #67
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Give him some time? He bragged over a year ago about his great music yet to come. Now we're talking about August as a release date? I could see if he DIDN'T go running his mouth last year about his stuff, but the fact remains, he did. If he had said that he would be taking more time off to really perfect the stuff he wanted to put out, I could understand. Bands do sometimes take years between projects. But he flat out BRAGGED about what his upcoming stuff would sound like. That's like saying:

Hey, I've got something fantastic that I'm going to be giving you. You won't believe how great it'll be, you'll be blown away, it's gonna rock your ass!!!!

Really? Cool, when can I hear it??

When I'm damn good and ready.

Welcome to Creedfeed.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #68
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) You only seem to come here when a difference of opinion regarding the vaunted Scott Stapp appears. You don't seem to have much else to contribute to the board discussion. And I still think you enjoy martyrdom.

I know that I'll get the reply "oh one-sided mods" or whatever but Dogstar has a very valid point here. It seems that a few select individuals love to criticize how this board is run and whine about how their opinion is not welcome here, yet they (1) continue to come here and post, and (2) only post in response to "anti-Stapp" threads a majority of the time.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #69
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I know that I'll get the reply "oh one-sided mods" or whatever but Dogstar has a very valid point here. It seems that a few select individuals love to criticize how this board is run and whine about how their opinion is not welcome here, yet they (1) continue to come here and post, and (2) only post in response to "anti-Stapp" threads a majority of the time.

well, it's your bb steve...and it's your mods..and of course you give them the lea way to run things the way they see fit, and you "trust" they will do it properly in your absence...

but as far as i'm concerned, mods that feel compelled to come back with smart a$$ remarks on other posters for personal reasons of their own, are not doing the job that they should be doing...i have a feeling that if it were NOT a mod but just some "regular" poster doing the same thing...they would be warned and banned...now wouldn't they?

Being one of the few select individuals you are refering to, let me ask you...why does it matter WHAT someone replies to...or whether they do it ALL THE TIME....or only when THEY feel like it...? Maybe some people just want to post if it's something they really feel DESERVES a reply...and if it does, speaking for me, i will continue to reply.

So, ctfan and omerta...plant one of them trees for me, i hear the view is heavenly...cause i've been called a martyer and a heck of a lot worse...and of course, having any kind of faith in stapp's project apparently does constitute the "title"...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-09-2005, 11:58 PM   #70
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: but as far as i'm concerned, mods that feel compelled to come back with smart a$$ remarks on other posters for personal reasons of their own, are not doing the job that they should be doing...i have a feeling that if it were NOT a mod but just some "regular" poster doing the same thing...they would be warned and banned...now wouldn't they?
No, I don't think so. We haven't used abusive language or called anybody names. We have simply disagreed with some opinions and posted thusly, perhaps with a touch of sarcasm and maybe frustration because of our disagreeing. This is not done for personal reasons.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:09 AM   #71
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Holy Shit, this conversation again???? You would think that everyone that partakes in this conversation would realize that once it gets this far along, and there is so much mud slinging going on, that the thread will be shut down!!! I believe we have all had this conversation before, stapp broke up the band, tremonti broke up the band, who the hell cares, the band is broken up! Get over it, move on with your lives, and stop starting stupid arguments that are only going to cause steve more damn trouble. Grow up, everyone knows that Mark, Flip, and Stapp broke up the band, it was all of their faults, they all didnt see eye to eye. Damn!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 03-10-2005, 01:40 AM   #72
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I never said you were a troublemaker. I said you don't have much else to contribute except to whine when you feel you are being slammed by the mods or when you want to chime on yet another disagreement on Stapp. You play the martyr in almost every post. Sorry if I find that a tad annoying.

I'm only one of several mods, not THE mod, but name-calling is what I don't like. I didn't call you any disparaging names; that's what I consider insulting and out of line.

That young man has been warned and likely will be banned if he continues. You've been around long enough to know that Steve doesn't like that sort of talk. And there are plenty of forums here outside of Stapp topics that you could contribute to. You choose not to, and that's fine. But I don't find your contributions all that enlightening or even enjoyable, as I'm sure you have the same opinion of mine.

Chime in on another disagreement about Stapp??? Why does that upset you so much??? If I can find something positive to say...against something negative that's been posted, why in the world would that matter to you???? They are my feelings about the man, my opinions....not yours dogstar. Am I not allowed to do such things??? People have negative things to say about Stapp, but yet....I'm not allowed to comment or I'm being disagreeable??? I'm just supposed to let it go so people will be happy and content and not annoyed???
Old 03-10-2005, 01:59 AM   #73
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Ok, I make no apologies for what I said to Ann. I make no apologies for any of the things I've said regarding the 'Stapp Worshippers' as I've come to know them. I am not a Stapp Basher. I am not a Stapp Hater. I AM, however, getting annoyed because he DID promise good music and he's produced.......nothing. I could see if he didn't make the rounds last year on all the talk shows and boasted about what great stuff he was doing. But he did, then he gave us nothing. He DID promise something, he HASN'T yet delivered. So do I think he owes us something? YES I sure do. Do I think those of us who had our hopes up for some product feel like we've been put off and put off and put off? YES I sure do. Do I care if I hurt the feelings of some who feel the need to put the man on a pedastal and treat him as if he walks on water? NO, I sure don't. Because there are only so many times one can be disappointed before one wises up and learns to move on. One must learn that Stapp sits when he shits just like the rest of us.

Ok then...get annoyed, pissed, whatever you want teri. You can think the man OWES you his life, his love, his money, his time, his music, his passion...and whatever else that may come to mind. You do that, and you be happy with yourself.

But let me tell you something....I sit when I shit too, Stapp does as well, but if I want to wait, however long it takes for his cd to come out...that's what I'm going to to do. I will wait to hear it, and I will wait to enjoy it. That's me waiting...not you. Me. I will not move on, I will not be disappointed, and I will not wise up just because you come here and tell me that's the WAY I'm supposed to feel. Those are your feelings....not mine, and they never will be.

Why my thoughts and opinons of the man upset you to the point that you feel the need to call me a "Stapp Worshipper", or that I have put the man on a pedestal and walks on water, I have no idea.

You feel the way you do about Stap....and please, let me be to feel the way I do about him.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:08 AM   #74
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Yes, you can find something good in Stapp. So can I. The man is mega-talented. He has phenomenal stage-presence and is an excellent front-man. I think it's wonderful that you've got a positive attitude, and you just keep on waiting and looking forward to that new cd. You find some things he MAY do worthwhile. MAY being the operative word. And the personal digs aren't because you have a positive attitude, it's because you can't see the forest for the trees, no matter how many trees fall on your head! How many more months will you wait? 6? 12? Will you wait forever for a Stapp album?

And again teri, please don't shove your feelings about the man down my throat, and tell me how I should feel.

As I see it, the personal digs are just that, personal. Because I don't feel the way you do, you've managed to TELL me that I can't see the forest for the trees. I guess it all goes back to that "I don't care who's feelings I hurt" comment you made earlier. I getcha on that teri, really I do.

How many more months will I wait??? When I hear the new cd...that's how many.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:12 AM   #75
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I know that I'll get the reply "oh one-sided mods" or whatever but Dogstar has a very valid point here. It seems that a few select individuals love to criticize how this board is run and whine about how their opinion is not welcome here, yet they (1) continue to come here and post, and (2) only post in response to "anti-Stapp" threads a majority of the time.

Anti-Stapp threads?? Is that what this is?? BINGO!!!! Steve, who exactly made it an "anti-Stapp" thread?? Me, Ann, you...who??? At what point did it become one??

All of them become "anti-Stapp" threads. Just go back and read them.