++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #1
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What is your belief?

For all who care:
I believe there is a loving God. I believe if we are all good to each other, do good in the world and in our own lives, there will be a place for us in heaven. If we hate, spread hatred and are rotten people overall, we won't have a place in heaven. I do not feel that I need to go to church every Sunday, donate 20% of my income to the church or confess everytime I miss mass. I am a charitable person, walk in fund-raising walkathons, try to donate to worthy causes, I have a soft spot in my heart for the American Heart Assn. and the American Cancer Society. I try to be a good person.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-22-2002, 12:28 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I believe that, too. TeriB. I think that God is merciful and is present in so many things and people. I see God in a beautiful blue sky, a perfect purple mum, the glorious ocean. I believe in trying to be the best person I can be and trying to bring a little sunshine into all the lives of the people I know.
I don't believe in having to worhip God within the four walls of a building. I prefer the direct route.
I do believe there is a heaven for those souls who want good to win out over evil. And I do believe the spirit of loves ones lives on to help us and guide us when we need it.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:21 PM   #3
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
i have never had a relationship with God, but i do believe that he is there, i just can't reach him...i have tried but i can't.
creed is my belief.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 09-24-2002, 01:31 AM   #4
Altair
USER INFO »
"Hello, is anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is anyone home?"

I love those lyrics. I like to think that God is home and we can all relate to that one special person inside, the center of it all, shining through everyone's eyes, all at once.

"United we stand, divided we fall."

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 09-24-2002, 11:23 AM   #5
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by addicted2stapp
i have never had a relationship with God, but i do believe that he is there, i just can't reach him...i have tried but i can't.
creed is my belief.

A2S-He never leaves you. Whenever, if ever, you decide you want to try again, He will be there ready and willing, holding nothing against you.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #6
allison
USER INFO »
A huge part of who I think God is, is that He forgives. You can be a horrible, evil person and do awful things, but as long as you sincerely ask for forgivness and make a real effort to change, He will forgive you, no matter what.

This is a really big deal if you, like me, and I think like most people, have done things that you are ashamed of and that you feel horrible about. It is never too late, you can always forgive yourself b/c God forgives you.

I am not a religious fanatic, just a Christian, and this belief is the basis of Christianity.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-24-2002, 09:08 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I am sure that we have all done things that we aren't particularly proud of, and you are right, I believe that despite the things you have or have not done, if you are truly sorry, and make the effort to do better, God is a forgiving one.

Old 09-24-2002, 10:25 PM   #8
Altair
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by allison
A huge part of who I think God is, is that He forgives.  I am not a religious fanatic, just a Christian, and this belief is the basis of Christianity.

Right on!

It really points to the fact that even though we cannot undo what has been done, we can still realize the magic of the moment, and that each and every moment is a chance, an opportunity for us to start once again, fresh with a new vision, a new purpose, and an understanding that your heart and mind, at the moment, is really what counts.

—The Bhagavad Gita
Old 09-25-2002, 09:23 AM   #9
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I believe that, too. TeriB. I think that God is merciful and is present in so many things and people. I see God in a beautiful blue sky, a perfect purple mum, the glorious ocean. I believe in trying to be the best person I can be and trying to bring a little sunshine into all the lives of the people I know.  
I don't believe in having to worhip God within the four walls of a building. I prefer the direct route.  
I do believe there is a heaven for those souls who want good to win out over evil. And I do believe the spirit of loves ones lives on to help us and guide us when we need it.

well said.i agree
Old 09-25-2002, 11:33 AM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I believe that, too. TeriB. I think that God is merciful and is present in so many things and people. I see God in a beautiful blue sky, a perfect purple mum, the glorious ocean.  
I see God in my two children (mostly when they are asleep or behaving) but he definitely is there.

Old 09-26-2002, 07:46 AM   #11
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
I believe that there is an Almighty God. I believe that there is a Holy Spirit of God. I believe that there is a satan. I believe that there is a Heaven. Heaven is for those who are God's children and those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. I believe that there is a Hell. I believe God doesn't send anybody to hell, but we send ourselves there by rejecting God and His son Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, born of a virgin, died on a cross for the sins of the world, rose from the dead on the third day, commanded us to spread the Good News of the Gospel, promised to come back for his followers one day in Father God's time. I believe that the Holy Bible is the infallible word of God and that noone should add or take away from it. I believe what I believe and I live what I believe.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 09-26-2002, 10:16 AM   #12
allison
USER INFO »
I do not believe that you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, or even believe in him, to go to heaven. (Think about people who are never even exposed to Christianity for instance!) I do not believe in hell b/c I know that my God is a merciful God, and a forgiving God who is full of mercy would not condemn His children, who He loves more than we can even imagine loving someone, to agony for eternity. I completely reject the whole idea of hellfire and damnation, which is certainly an invention of the human mind. To me, that's ridiculous.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-26-2002, 10:40 AM   #13
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Allison do you not believe in the Bible? I noticed that in a previous reply you call yourself a Christian. To be a cHRISTian you must believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. To be a Christian you must be a follower of Jesus Christ. That is the fundemental core belief in Christianity... no matter what denomination. If you do not believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior then I feel that you should not call yourself a Christian... you are misrepresenting what Christianity stands for and believes. From what you have stated allison, I feel that you are a spiritual person... but because you deny Jesus I would not consider you a Christian. No matter what denomination within Christianity you go to, the core belief of them all is that Jesus is the son of God, died on the cross for the atonement of the sins of the whole world, and that he rose from the dead on the third day and ascended into heaven and he promised to come back. I am not trying to talk down to you, or belittle your beliefs... so please don't misunderstand me. I just feel you are misinformed as to the meaning behind what a Christian is and believes in.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:05 AM   #14
allison
USER INFO »
You need to re-read my post, carefully. I NEVER stated that I do not believe in Christ, or that he is not MY savior. I DO and he IS. I simply stated that I do not think that people that do not believe these things go to hell. Simple as that.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 09-26-2002, 11:14 AM   #15
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Forgive me for not understanding you fully. However, by what you just said then you must not believe what Jesus Christ said , John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." As I asked before do you not believe all of what the Holy Bible teaches? I'm Just curious...