++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #16
dario
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thank you to those who provided me information about Jesus outside of the bible. I've been trying to find information that I could use to prove that Jesus was real without using the bible. The past couple of days I have been at an Ex-Christian site debating with non-christians about different subjects pertaining to God. Many of the people in there were once Christians who left the faith for differing reasons. It's interesting to hear they're views on things and their reasons for leaving the faith. It hurts to read some of their testimonies concerning the faith, since some of them were abused or just grew up with hypocritical christians. Anyway, they are giving me "proof" into why there is no such thing as Jesus, so I thought I would find some proof of my own. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:45 AM   #17
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
And I will say Dario it has been an interesting thread to see the back and fourth of you and everyone else on that site.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:37 PM   #18
dario
USER INFO »
Well, I hope we can keep the interest up.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:36 PM   #19
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
I will let you know one thing Dario if there is anything they hate the most over there it is presupposition so do watch yourself, don't disregard anything anyone says over there (as the ice you are on will become thin rather quickly) many are well versed in the sciences and some have degrees in the field.

Just to give you a heads up.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:23 PM   #20
creedsister
USER INFO »
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that was a good a tip darlin your ice is safe here you lit ANARCHY MUTHA YOU
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #21
dario
USER INFO »
Anarkist, I must say that I do appreciate you. I know that you don't agree with a lot of the things I agree with, but you definitely seem to help me out a lot. Unlike some of the people on the other forum, you're pretty nice to me. I just want to let you know that I appreciate it.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:31 PM   #22
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
I am just offering a helping hand because you are honestly searching and that is good weather or not your conclusion is the same as mine you would have come to your answer honestly. I will say though LISTEN to NEIL he knows his shit and he is one you don't want to split hairs with.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #23
Sam Look
USER INFO »
book

Theres a great book that convinced me called The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It gave solid answers to every question I ever had. Furthermore, the one thought I have constantly is if Christ wasnt real, wouldnt he have been disproved?

Now, to answer if he is the way or only way...that I can not say and mostly have a hard time believing. There are too many other faiths and the picture is too big for me to believe there is only one right answer.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #24
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sam Look) Theres a great book that convinced me called The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It gave solid answers to every question I ever had. Furthermore, the one thought I have constantly is if Christ wasnt real, wouldnt he have been disproved?

Now, to answer if he is the way or only way...that I can not say and mostly have a hard time believing. There are too many other faiths and the picture is too big for me to believe there is only one right answer.

to counter that there is a movie called "The God Who Wasn't There"
here is the link click here
people have said
Quote: (Originally Posted by MrNeil) If you're a Christian and can still walk away form that movie a believer, you're really trying hard to kid yourself. I dare all Christians who visit this forum to buy that movie.

my question to you Sam is:

Did you do any research to see is any one had debunked Lee Strobel? spacifically that book? because I am pretty sure it has been debunked I will look around to see if I can find a link for you.

--Jester
Old 09-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #25
Sam Look
USER INFO »
Anarkist, to be perfectly honest with you, I have no desire to see that movie. Its not because I am afraid of what it will show, its because its cut along the same lines as Super Size Me, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 911. A lot of people seem to think everything in the world is fictitious and that people are cashing in on ideas, well the truth is, that every film maker that came up with those ideas is cashing in...as did Lee Strobel adn Mel Gibson in their movies and books.

I offered that book as a means for him to find answers without using the bible. As the years have gone by since I read that book I am on solid ground with my beliefs and don't need books or movies to deter my path. I have found that being happy in life is the most rewarding experience I can give myself. I am happy when I turn to Christ and I am happy with it because I look up to what he stood for. If he was real or fake...it doesnt matter. Truth be told, hes in my heart regardless and noone in this world would deter that. Not a movie, not a person, and certainly not hypocritical people who want to be miserable every day of their lives.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #26
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
so you are basically saying it doen't matter if you are right or wrong, you don't care because you are satified with your life?

I would just like to say though you make the judgemnt on the movie before you see it every thing in his moive is backed up by references lised on his website. So you should not just make that judegement based on previous documentrys made by other people
Old 09-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #27
Sam Look
USER INFO »
not exactly

What I am actually saying is I am happy with my life and with my beliefs. I searched for a long time for my beliefs and did not believe in Christ or God for years...and I used drugs to supplement the lonliness I felt.

Today I have a beautiful wife, a wonderful frame of mind, and I am happy. There is no need to continue searching. I found what I needed to find.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:39 PM   #28
Sam Look
USER INFO »
one more thing

I put the movie on my netflicks list. It wont deter my thoughts...but I guess thats because I know where my faith lies..
Old 09-11-2005, 01:06 AM   #29
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sam Look) I put the movie on my netflicks list. It wont deter my thoughts...but I guess thats because I know where my faith lies..

for me the film I thought was rather thought provoking if nothing else and thats what I found so great about it (not to mention the great interviews with some great minds Price, Carrier, and so on).

If you feel you have found what you are looking for thats great for you I am happy for you I too am married and know what happiness that can bring. As far as if you didn't know Jesus you would be in to drugs I don't know if that is entirely accuate. I have been an Atheist for a little while now I feel no emptiness, no regret I actually have never felt more forfilled and happy than any other time in my life. so I respectfully disagree with you on that front.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #30
Sam Look
USER INFO »
Don't misunderstand. I didnt say without God or Christ I would be on drugs. I said at one point I was using them to supplement the lonliness I felt. My relationship with Christ at this point keeps me level headed enough to see my own errors when it comes to relationships I have and not be as selfish as I've always been. We can certainly agree to disagree...but since I am watching your movie, maybe you should read the book I suggested??