++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-13-2003, 01:27 PM   #16
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Lucy
Stapp has a big ego?
He deserves the spotlight I guess...  
Jim Morrison had the biggest of ego's.. Mick Jagger was the same...
But they are in the music's history...
They are hated sometimes because people are ignorant...
That's it...

It's different. Morrson and Jagger had reason to have big egos -- they were doing new and original stuff and managed to achive popularity with that. stapp goes by same old road many bands went before him, and yet acts like creed is somethign special

And yes creed is unoriginal. Musically they are Pearl Jam + STP ripoff, and lyrically... well they are positive, alright, but there are other positive bands. Hell even Pearl Jam is positive lateley. And I did listetn ot creed a lot, so dont tell me that I'm ignorant. They do not grow as a band, they just repetes same old stuff with minor variatiosn (ok they added one long ass song on new album... but its still all the same).

>Damon Albarn!?????? Plz... he's as talented as an onion..

His recent stuff, starting from Blur's "13", is pretty amazing
Old 03-13-2003, 01:29 PM   #17
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan63
You and Dan are so right, Jen.  I feel the same way.  Their music has a positive, uplifting message and for some reason (that I don't understand) some people don't like it.  IMO, their sound is different than most groups that I've heard so they aren't ripping anybody off.  As for Scott, Jen is right.  Women Love him because he has a caring, loving spirit and he amazes me with his wisdom and sensitivity through his lyrics.  

And welcome to the board, mick.  Hope you enjoy it here.

I believe men who are insecure are ALWAYS the ones that hate STAPP! He is so secure with himself and a focused strong minded person, most men seem to find that threatening! And you add the gorgeous looks in there and of course some men are jelous, he is the TOTAL package!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-13-2003, 01:31 PM   #18
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
<b>It's different. Morrson and Jagger had reason to have big egos -- they were doing new and original stuff and managed to achive popularity with that. stapp goes by same old road many bands went before him, and yet acts like creed is somethign special

And yes creed is unoriginal. Musically they are Pearl Jam + STP ripoff, and lyrically... well they are positive, alright, but there are other positive bands. Hell even Pearl Jam is positive lateley. And I did listetn ot creed a lot, so dont tell me that I'm ignorant. They do not grow as a band, they just repetes same old stuff with minor variatiosn (ok they added one long ass song on new album... but its still all the same).

>Damon Albarn!?????? &nbsp;Plz... he's as talented as an onion..

His recent stuff, starting from Blur's "13", is pretty amazing </b>

Don't you think the Pearl Jam rip-off is getting old? Talk about unoriginal!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-13-2003, 01:35 PM   #19
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
Yeah really.......
Old 03-13-2003, 01:35 PM   #20
Lechium
USER INFO »
So? That's what they are. Defenition of creed's sound. I'd love to call them something esle, but while they rip off Pearl Jam I'll have to call them PJ-ripoffs.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #21
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
I believe men who are insecure are ALWAYS the ones that hate STAPP! He is so secure with himself and a focused strong minded person, most men seem to find that threatening! &nbsp;And you add the gorgeous looks in there and of course some men are jelous, he is the TOTAL package!

And most girl like creed for same reason other girls like *Nsynk I guess lol

I find it annoying how full of himself he is, but threatened? Nah.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:38 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Led Zeppelin may be respected now, but when they first came out, they took some criticism for also being unoriginal. It's the nature of the beast. I think what others have said here is true as well. I do believe musicians need a healthy dose of ego to survive in their world, but I think Scott Stapp's self-assurance sometimes is mistaken for ego. People are put off by and sometimes jealous of those who are confident and solid in their ambitions and paths in life. He's also the front man, and the front man often is the most visible, vocal, and thus open to criticism.

I also think the Christian band label hurts them as well, even though they have said repeatedly that they are not a Christian band. The whole *mainstream* thing also is annoying. People automatically equate popularity with mediocrity. It's not always the case. Look at the Beatles. They were huge and quite talented IMO.

People also like being associated with popular opinion and Creed bashing is right up there in that department. What bothers me is the venom that comes from people about this band. There is very little middle ground. Most people either love them or hate them.

I think it's too soon to tell where Creed will go musically, whether they will fade away or have a 25-year career. I think Mark Tremonti has the potential to develop his signature sound, a la Carlos Santana, Eric Claption, of Tom Morello, so that when you hear it you instantly recognize the playing. I hope that is the case.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:39 PM   #23
JenRN
USER INFO »
So? That's what they are. Defenition of creed's sound. I'd love to call them something esle, but while they rip off Pearl Jam I'll have to call them PJ-ripoffs.

Opinions are like assholes..... everyone has one! My opinions ALWAYS differ from yours, GO FIGURE!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-13-2003, 01:42 PM   #24
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Led Zeppelin may be respected now, but when they first came out, they took some criticism for also being unoriginal. It's the nature of the beast. I think what others have said here is true as well. I do believe musicians need a healthy dose of ego to survive in their world, but I think Scott Stapp's self-assurance sometimes is mistaken for ego. People are put off &nbsp;by and sometimes jealous of those who are confident and solid in their ambitions and paths in life. He's also the front man, and the front man often is the most visible, vocal, and thus open to criticism. &nbsp;

I also think the Christian band label hurts them as well, even though they have said repeatedly that they are not a Christian band. The whole *mainstream* thing also is annoying. People automatically equate popularity with mediocrity. It's not always the case. Look at the Beatles. They were huge and quite talented IMO. &nbsp;

People also like being associated with popular opinion and Creed bashing is right up there in that department. What bothers me is the venom that comes from people about this band. There is very little middle ground. Most people either love them or hate them.

I think it's too soon to tell where Creed will go musically, whether they will fade away or have a 25-year career. I think Mark Tremonti has the potential to develop his signature sound, a la Carlos Santana, Eric Claption, of Tom Morello, so that when you hear it you instantly recognize the playing. I hope that is the case.

Ego is not really needed... 90ies were the era were a lot of ego-less acts had emerged. Tool, NIN, most grunge bands, Radiohead, etc.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:42 PM   #25
JenRN
USER INFO »

I find it annoying how full of himself he is, but threatened? Nah.

Boy thanks for clarifying that for me, it means so much especially from someone who likes Bjork!!!(talk about a flake!):lol: :lol:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-13-2003, 01:44 PM   #26
Lechium
USER INFO »
Boy thanks for clarifying that for me, it means so much especially from someone who likes Bjork!!!(talk about a flake!):lol: :lol:

Umm how's Bjork a flake? She has very original sound and great voice. She never wears revealing clothing, and is like 40 by now and is anything but attractive at the moment. It's her music that draws me to her.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:48 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Oh, PLEASE. That is so insulting. Don't lump all females in the same lust-loving category.

And as for Creed being PJ + STP??? NOT...I've listened to a lot of PJ, STP and Creed and I just don't see the similarities. Eddie Vedder has a very distinctive voice. The minute you hear him, you know who it is. They just aren't the same other than they both sing in the same key possibly. And musically, they are definitely not the same. Listen to the guitars. I don't think they are similar at all. As I said, Creed still has room to grow.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
Umm how's Bjork a flake? She has very original sound and great voice. She never wears revealing clothing, and is like 40 by now and is anything but attractive at the moment. It's her music that draws me to her.

She is a flake, she wears tu-tu's to events, wears make-up all over her face (in places it should not go), has videos with teddy bears chasing her, and can't sing for crap! She is bizarre when interviewed, I have seen her where she can't even complete a sentence!!! Sorry, she is a flake by all definitions!!!! Hey don't get your panties in a knot, you are allowed to like her!:lol:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-13-2003, 01:52 PM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ego is not really needed... 90ies were the era were a lot of ego-less acts had emerged. Tool, NIN, most grunge bands, Radiohead, etc.

Come on. If you really believe that, you're just naive. They were just a little more low-key about it and played a different game. Artists by nature have to have ego or they wouldn't pursue what they love so much with such fervor.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:52 PM   #30
Lechium
USER INFO »
She is a flake, she wears tu-tu's to events, wears make-up all over her face (in places it should not go), has videos with teddy bears chasing her, and can't sing for crap! She is bizarre when interviewed, I have seen her where she can't even complete a sentence!!! &nbsp;Sorry, she is a flake by all definitions!!!! Hey don't get your panties in a knot, you are allowed to like her!:lol:

OK so she is differnt. So what? Her music is good and that's all I care about. She has great voice, if you cant hear that than it's too bad. It's different, but exellent. She's not afraid to be herself that's what I respect her for.

P.S. being chased by teddy bears in videos is much better than being postrayed as angel battling some evil monsters lol