View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #43
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Oh, I understand it's all about the money to them, as it is with all other labels. I understand that those four(let's refer to them as the "big four") are the "money-makers" for Wind-Up, but isn't it bad business to have several other artists on the label and not promote them? I'm sure they could be "money-makers" if given the chance. I'm not faulting Wind-Up for promoting the big four, just saying that it is frustrating to see other good artists go un-tapped and un-promoted.
i would imagine that they've judged those "other" bands to be less profitable for spending more time promoting than on their website and on little cards inside CDs. since W-U is in the moneymaking business, i see no reason why they wouldn't have charted out each band's potential given a certain amount of advertising. and W-U pushes the bands that would appeal to the greatest number of people. i'm not saying it's right what W-U's doing by signing bands then not promoting some as much as others, but that's just the business.