View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Live Vids on YouTube from 2009 Reunion Tour

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Another thing to consider...

A whole new generation of concert-goers have come of age while Creed was inactive. They will not recruit most of those fans. They view Creed almost like they do Limp Bizkit: a caricature from the late 90s/early 00s. Before their time.

I like Creed. That's why I'm going to see them. I'm just not some silly fanboy.

I agree with you. To a lot of people Creed will be completely dated. That doesn't mean that people won't show up or buy their new record, though. Forgotten bands from the 1960s still sell out shows because their fanbase is still alive and kicking. Even younger people will go because they grew up listening to the music their parents were exposing them to.

I won't go as far as to say that Creed is a band that can transcend time, but there are still people out there who want them to keep making music. But bands like Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Matchbox Twenty, and Lifehouse prove that bands of that time period still have a little bit of relevence. At least with the VH1 crowd. Maybe these guys just want to make some money again. Let's be honest, Stapp's solo stuff and Alter Bridge weren't going to give them the cash flow that Creed did. Regardless of what their true reasoning was, they needed to do something now to salvage whatever fanbase was left.