View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
From LoracNJ on abb.net. She's considered reliable:

Quote: Even more proof of what a douche bag Stapp is...

A friend of mine who knows the guys in 311 called me to tell me that Stapp had a “run in” with them on Friday. Apparently Stapp was staying in Baltimore, MD with his girlfriend (I believe her family lives there). Well the guys in 311 had shows in MD the night before and after Thanksgiving and were staying in the same hotel Stapp was. The guys in 311 were at the bar with their girlfriends and Stapp came in with his girlfriend. So Stapp was already off his mind and decided to start with the guys in 311. He said to their girlfriends, something along the lines of “Why are you with them when you could be with me. I sold 30 million records you know." Now mind you this was all said in front of his girlfriend as well. So they decided to take this outside, but before they did that Stapp offered to buy the guy a shot before they headed outside, and on the way to the bar he sucker punched him. After that a fight broke out between him and the guys. All the while Stapp’s girlfriend kept apologizing and saying “He gets like this, he mentally abuses people, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.”

I don’t know how hurt Stapp was. I believe the drummer broke his hand because his hand was in a cast at the Atlanta show they did on Saturday. Considering Stapp is going Regis and Kelly tomorrow this should be interesting to see.

ETA - Please see page 3 for explaination on who broke their hand. Photo is included.

Moving on to page 3:

Quote: Just one quick thing. I will apologize for 1 thing. I originally wrote I believed it was the drummer who broke his hand. I am probably wrong on that. I wasn't told which one it was. I just assumed it was the drummer because after I heard what happened I went to see if I could find photos of the show from the next day. I saw a photo of one of the members and he had his hand in a cast. I thought it was the drummer because I saw pictures of the lead singer and guitarist and they were okay. I have no clue who any of the guys in 311 are. I think I know maybe 4 311 songs total. It probably is that DJ guy. Here's the photo that I saw anyway.

[image noborder]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3365/g431121jl.jpg[/image]

Okay I just looked at it again. I am a dumbass. The drummer is freaking sitting behind his kit!!! . Sorry about the confusion. I AM Mr. Magoo. I should have worn my glass

Also while it may be hard to believe it really isn't so far fetched. I have been told of another few incidents witnessed first hand by band members that have toured with Creed. A few of them never made it to the internet and I never posted out of respect for them because I was asked not to, but they were all true. This time I was told it was okay.