View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Maybe Stapp isn't airing his dirty laundry because what Mark is saying is completely true and Stapp can't afford to admit that because he'll lose his angelic persona.

Or maybe Scott just doesn't want to argue about what Mark is saying. Maybe Stapp just doesn't want to get into all that personal stuff. Just because he refuses to air the dirty laundry, doesn't mean he's hiding anything. We don't know what exactly went on, and we probably never will know the 100% truth.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I think the original poster may be referring to the fact that he put out the Christian persona and is then found getting in bar fights, etc.

Perhaps so, but Shiver didn't express it like that. I don't think Stapp ever put out the Christian persona. As he said in the MTV interview, people always asked "Is Creed a Christian band?" They never asked "Are YOU a Christian?" Scott said in the MTV interview that if they had asked him that question, he wouldn't have known what to say. Scott has said, while he was brought up in a very Christian home, he abandoned that, rebelled and joined a Rock band. I don't think he really portrayed himself as a Christian while in Creed. The Creed days were, in a sense, his rebellion days. And Christians do make mistakes, they do get into fights. Christians aren't perfect. What counts is that Stapp has acknowledged these mistakes and apologized for them.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) However, Scott is moving on and has chosen to NOT dwell on the problems that ultimately tore the band apart. Why can't everyone see that? So many people get such satisfaction from ripping him apart. How can one be so judgemental toward a person they never met? I don't agree with Mark and the approach he has taken, but I can't judge him - he has his reasons. But, I think all the negativity has backfired on him and them (AB). A lot of people have lost respect for Mark airing the 'dirty laundry' in public.

That's really how I feel about it, Shadow. I have lost some respect that I had for Mark(as a person, not a musician) because of his constant Stapp bashing and airing the dirty laundry. That doesn't make me any less of an Alter Bridge fan, though. I just don't have as much respect for Mark as a man as I did before.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 01-21-2005 at 01:47 PM.