View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
Creed Tribute
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Some Creed Legacy Questions...

Thanks for the comments Scorpion King. All good points, and I think your last paragraph really nails it.

Creeds legacy is no doubt huge in what they accomplished, but in today's society their "perception" is skewed for all the reasons you pointed out. Like many other Creed fans, I've adopted a seperation between Creeds "music" from whatever public perception the general public wants to believe. In other words...I don't care about anything except the music. To me if the music is good and appeals to me...I'm not gonna let public perception change that for me. I enjoy Creeds music as a whole and don't really give a darn about much of anything else regarding the band (personalities, Christian label, etc.) Literally it's all about the music. If more people could do that...I believe Creeds legacy for solely their MUSIC would be more appreciated.

It's funny. When you look back at the history of heavy rock music...so much of the lyrical content is about "man" and "spirituality" and "experiences". Sometimes I wonder had Creed came out 10-20 years earlier would they have ever gone through the same modern day "perceptions" and "labels" they were tagged with?

I guess it's just too bad they didn't talk about herion in their songs. Had they just simply done that...they would still be idolized as a rock icon and held in the highest esteem as 90's rock legends. lol