View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Domestic battery charge dropped

I completely agree, Dogstar. There is a huge double standard there that has come into effect not just with Stapp, but also Mel Gibson. I'm not a Gibson fan in the least, but I was disappointed to see how hard some people came down on him when he got arrested for drunk driving, and I think the reason was his religion. It almost seems like when a professed Christian gets arrested, people just love to make a huge deal out of it. But when Lohan or Weiland gets arrested, it's no big deal.

And, yeah, a lot of Christians are quite judgmental. It's one of the most frustrating parts of Christianity--the hypocrisy and the judgment of others. All of which is done despite the fact that Christians have been instructed by God through the Bible to not judge others unless they are without sin. None of us are without sin, so none of us have the right to pass judgment on a fallen person, be them Christian or otherwise.

This all reminds me of a thing Christianity Today ran a couple years ago when Stapp had his 311/CC problems. They originally came down hard on Stapp, but soon realized, due to many emails from Christians, that it wasn't right of them to do that. They reached the conclusion that the best thing to do wasn't to bash Stapp but rather to pray for him. And that's all anyone who is Christian should be doing.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 12-18-2007 at 04:20 PM.