View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #34
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp and AB's relationship

I see it happening, and I think I've said it before. Time heals a lot of wounds. Look at Van Halen. Look at the Eagles. Look at the Police. Look at Led Zeppelin. All are bands that broke up (in VH's case, they simply didn't get along with the singer for a while...) and have recently begun touring again. I can see Tremonti, Philips and, yes, even Marshall, becoming more and more willing to give Stapp another shot...at least for one last tour. Now the question is, if it really doesn't happen for another 10 years, will people care enough for it to actually happen? I mean, obviously, Creed won't go down as a legendary rock band, so it's not like any record label (or WU...if they're still around) would just scoop them up right away. There'd have to be enough of a fanbase left for such a reunion to, financially, happen.

The question, I think, is not whether it'll happen, but when it will. And I think it's all going to depend on Alter Bridge's success. If BB and the next CD do not sell well, I could see this reunion tour happening a lot sooner than 10-15 years from now. But if AB really does stay a band for a long time, I can't see a Creed reunion for a long time, either. Unless, of course, Mark softens his stance.

So what do I want? Well, first and foremost, I'd like for both parties to be happy with whatever they're doing. I LOVE Alter Bridge's music and have a fond appreciation for Stapp's. So, really, I'd be happy either way. But if a Creed reunion DID happen, I'd be at the very first show, regardless of where it is.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!