View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #39
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I don't judge him AS a Christian but for the way in which he basically turned Creed into a Christian band and then denied doing it. That has nothing to do with how good of a Christian he is.

Uhm, I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with you there. Did he turn Creed into a "Christian"(and, by the way, that label is WAYYYYYY overused) band by writing lyrics that did have some spirituality in them? If so, that means Bono turned U2 into a Christian band, Paul McCoy turned 12 Stones into a Christian band, Amy Lee turned Evanescence into a Christian band, Myles Kennedy(just by referencing God and Jesus in two songs) turned the Mayfield Four into a Christian band etc. See what I mean? If you're saying that Scott Stapp turned Creed into a "Christian" band by writing lyrics with varying degrees of spirituality in them(and not every Creed song has spirituality in it), then you might as well say many other musicians did the same to their respective bands. I have never heard Scott Stapp say that Creed was a "Christian" band. Nor did any of the other band members say that. Scott Stapp simply expressed himself in his lyrics and any good lyricist is supposed to do that. The lyrics are supposed to come from the heart and they are not supposed to be made up.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!