View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 04:58 PM   #3
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Bon Jovi?! No comment, but that is your opinion.

For me the greatest songwriter is Bruce Springsteen. Emotions, experiences, and the like help shape our opinions. Bruce has the ability to open my eyes, heart, and mind with his brilliant, beautiful, stark, honest, sometimes complex, and often simple lyrics.

He just barely beats out Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan as the best top three. Not only does his songwriting open my eyes to certain things in the world, but he gets me thinking, makes me have fun, and shows us his soul in many songs. Not many people open their lives to show us their feelings with their lyrics like Bruce does. I feel him connected to so many of his songs, but sometimes you can't feel Dylan connected to his songs, and so many singers seem light years away from what they are singing about.

Not to mention when you combine his lyrics with the music and performances their is no one better. Not only is it about the lyrics, but it's also about the delivery of the lyrics. That's why Bruce stands at the top for me.

After Bruce there is: Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Ed Vedder, John Fogerty, John Hiatt, Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Corgan, Hank Williams Sr., etc.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/