View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 01:57 AM   #13
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: I know for a fact that he doesn't use Open D5 for My Sacrifice live!!!!!!! THE KEY WORD BEING LIVE
i know because i've watched him.... i've seen live stuff from when they played on the thanksgiving halftime show... Olympics...SNL...ETC.... PLUS....the only guitar he tunes to OpenD5 live is his Dark-Cherry Quilt Top Tremonti Model....
1. I've seen live stuff. I made my tab of it from live stuff. If you don't believe me, I can make a screenshot of him playing octave chords in Open D5 in My Sacrifice.
2. Mark did not play My Sacrifice in Open D5 only in the Halftime show, when he played the whole medley in Dropped D.
3. Mark brings about 10 guitars on the road with him...there are enough for at least 2 guitars in Open D5.
4. Listen to the live version of My Sacrifice, notice that Mark picks a lot of the open D strings in the clean interlude...You can also hear him pick open strings in Stand Here With Me in Open D tuning.
5. Why would he write and record the songs in Open D5 and convert to Drop D anyway? It's EASIER to play those songs in Open D5.
________
ROLLING A JOINT
________
FIX PS3

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:49 PM.