View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Dogstar, My negative impressions of Stapp did only form over the last couple years since that when I think he started changing in his attitude. Before the Weathered tour I didn't see much of him publicly to be honest.
My point exactly. This board's been around almost two years in some form or another, so you've had plenty of time to voice your opinions before now.

Quote: Yes, people do come out of the woodwork, so to speak, when there's controversy because most people who view these boards (not necessarily this one but fan boards in general) come for information and to discuss things that are happening... not just to profess their love for the band. Only a small percentage of viewers are regular posters.

So by *things happening* you only mean negative things? There was plenty going on that was mostly positive over the last couple of years: When the tour was happening, when Weathered came out, all the support when Scott got into the accident, sympathy for when Mark's mother died, when Mark got married, when Flip became a father...Odd, didn't see you around then.
And just because there was no controversy does not mean we all sat around here *professing* our love for the band.
Quote: And all I've done is exactly what you've said.. judge him on his performances and interviews. Nothing more.

Yeah, OK, cite the interviews and the performances where you perceived his bad vibes or nasty character. I saw them four times on the Weathered tour and also on TV interviews and print interviews. I guess we just perceive things differently. I'm not one of those who looks at things through rose-colored glasses.

Quote: And if you actually practiced what you preach (Worship the music, not the musician)... you wouldn't even care two shakes about this whole subject.. at least not enough to respond as much as you have

You're missing the point. If people are going to bash, they should at least have facts to back up their statements. That's all I'm asking.