View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Scorpion King
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: creed and pearl jam

There are some similarities between their voices, but not enough to warrant the accusations that Stapp ripped off Vedder's vox. Now, there have been countless incidents of things like that really happening. For example, alot of the singers in eighties hard rock bands sounded like banshees on their period (don't get me wrong, I love bands like Poison and Tesla, but they all had these high-pitched similar vocals). Trivium has been sounding a little too much like James Hetfield of late. Visions Of Atlantis sounds really similar to Nightwish. And there are other examples. But I don't think that the Vedder/Stapp comparison is valid. They are two different bands with two different messages and two different sounds.

Now I will say this; as much as I love Creed, it has not made the same impact on music as Pearl Jam has. While Creed's effect on the industry was largely temporary, Pearl Jam has had a much greater impact. Not saying that Pearl Jam is a better band, but it will be remembered by more people than will Creed, and it deserves to.