View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #15
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Adam and Eve's Sin

Ok, I've really been trying to take a look at this and make sure I've got it right. I'll admit much of my beliefs are heavily influenced by teachings I've picked up from the ministry I mentioned, Shepherd's Chapel and Pastor Arnold Murray. But I've been trying to put these teachings to the test even today, as I go back to the Hebrew, and the best I can say is what I'm about to say and the road I'm about to go down, I believe is the truth. It's a truth that quite honestly I know from experience will cause people to snicker, if not almost literally laugh you out of the room. But when one looks at the pattern that occurs throughout the Word and even the pattern in the world today and throughout history, then it gets a little bit harder to snicker... unless of course you're just prone to not believing the Word of God.

First of all, just for background I'm going to go to Genesis 1:11-12. Again, this isn't too terribly important, but it's part of the creation and kind of the first mention of trees in the Word.

Genesis 1:11 "And God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth:" and it was so."

Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Now, I feel lead to make mention of verse 29 of this same chapter. Verse 29 of Genesis 1 deals with the 6th day and the creation of 6th day man.

Genesis 1:29 "And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Now, there are some that might say that we have a contradiction or that God changed His mind, saying every tree is ok to eat from. But always be aware of the differences and distinctions, and the original Hebrew.

The word "man" in Genesis 1:26 is actually adam in the Hebrew, but it's a generic adam that refers to mankind. It's not Adam as in Adam and Eve. Note too that He created both male and female and gave them instructions to be fruitful and multiply, just as did to the animals He created. These are the different races of people. It's a biological impossibility for all the races to come from two people. This was the 6th day creation.

But then we come to the second chapter of Genesis and we find in verse 5 of this second chapter that God has not caused it to rain yet and he also did not have a man to till the ground. So he then formed eth-Ha adham, which is "this same man Adam". But note this was after He rested on the 7th day.

Now, in verse 9 of Genesis Chapter 2, we come to a mention of the trees in the Garden of Eden, and mentioned specifically we have the tree of life, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So again, we have a separation here of two trees, apart from all the other trees in the garden. This same tree of life is mentioned in Revelation 22:2. It stipulates there actually in verse 22:1 that there is a river of a water of life coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb... living water as offered by Jesus Christ to the Samaritan woman at the well. Now, I'll ask, was that living water literal water? The Samaritan woman thought it was, at least at first. She asked Christ to give her this water so she wouldn't have to continue to come to the well. But naturally the living water Christ spoke of is spiritual.

Now Christ referred to Himself as the bread of life as well (John 6:48) Was this literal bread? Obviously not, although again it confused those who were stuck in the flesh, asking how Christ could offer them His flesh to eat. But naturally He meant accept Him and believe upon Him and His Word, absorb it, and believe that He was that perfect sacrifice for one and all as forgiveness of sin and come to the Father through Him and indeed obtain eternal life.

So we need to recognize symbolism and we need to go back to the Hebrew. I'll talk more about these two trees in my next post.

Jason