View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 04:45 PM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by heinzel) Only in America!!!

If you have legal guns, you have these kind of things.
i suppose so, but it seems all you non-Americans are under the impression that guns are inherently evil. remember the Family Guy episode where, when starting a new city following the near-destruction of the earth, Peter decided to introduce guns into the new civilization. the people didn't want it, so they kicked the Griffin family out. Unfortunately for the others, after detroying all the guns, they were overrun by mutant Stewies.
and it seems that you're saying "given: tragic incident. cause: legality of method of destruction in tragic incident". so how do you explain the suicide bombings in Spain, Israel, US (9/11), etc? does that mean we should outlaw cars, trains & planes too, b/c they're used to perpetrate acts of evil? i would think the reaction to such a ban would be even more violent.
like Al said, guns don't kill people, people do. it's true. i played GTA: Vice City all this past summer (as you might know, it's a game where you, more or less, run/drive around killing people and blowing stuff the fuck up... fairly violent). anyway, i haven't killed anyone, nor have i even contemplated it. see, most people have what we call "sanity", including the ability to properly assess right and wrong in such extreme cases. i suppose your answer to my above question regarding the violent acts in other states would be "well that's terrorism; that's different." actually, not really. strictly speaking, Jeff Weise perpetrated a terrorist act, just on a much lesser level than what we now associate w/ terrorist acts. and we all could probably agree that terrorists are fairly insane and mentally imbalanced.
so, before you start spewing anti-American rhetoric, sit back and look at every other place on earth.