View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 05:54 AM   #15
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: New Abu Ghraib images broadcast

Brief reply because I just got home from partying at a club with a bunch of Europeans and Brazilians, actually. Damn, Brazilians can dance... and Europeans are smooth with the ladies. But anyway, I'm a tad bit buzzed and tired... so I will give a brief reply. I will, and will always respect the French for two reasons: helping the American colonists in the American Revolution and for rising up during the French Revolution.

The War on Drugs was an initiative pretty much created by President Nixon... and respected by every U.S. President since. It happened to be a major issue during the Clinton years as well.

I was implying that a three year old story with no new developments isn't relevent. For me to use analogies is completely different than the international media rehashing the same old story and showing it to billions of people. Huge difference. Me= a couple of people, Media= Billions of people. The media is damn well aware of how Arabs have been responding to basically everything. They know that this is going to incite anti-WESTERN (notice how I didn't say American) sentiment. It's hard for a soldier who is young and just saw his best friend killed by a terrorist who will do anything to brutally kill his opponents. They dont' know how to react half of the time.