View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 04:50 AM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: TGD certified Platinum by the RIAA

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Better by roughly 1,000(I think Billboard had TGD's first week sales pegged around 94,500, or somewhere along that line, while AB's were around 95,000). I think WU still believes that Stapp, because his music is more pop radio friendly than AB's, will sell more than AB. Whether they are right or not, that remains to be seen. Right now, as far as I can tell, the sales for TGD and ODR are about equal(in terms of week by week sales). Still, I don't think comparisons are fair at this point. Really, I'd rather not compare the two.
Yeah, whatever... I'm proud of being a fan of AB, such a fan friendly, down to earth, and talanted band. No matter how many records they sell!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) I have been in many music and other stores who sell music, and there is a crap load of scott stapp records on the self still. He has not sold a million copies, there is no way. Like a post before before me, Wind Up and BMG (I think) shipped a million copies thinking Stapp would be a great hit, but that is falling flat on its face.
Yeah, seriously... That's the only explanation. (I do too like the CD and am not trying to bash Scott).

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor