Thread: When oh when!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #49
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) well, windup records has him as a "Coming in 2005" artist, now, does that mean the year 2005 or "coming in 2005 years" honestly, i dont know. I believe that stapp wont have any fancy guitar work on the cd tho, look at creed...He had a guitarist that is considered to be one of the best guitarists of the 90's, and he didnt put him to work! Honestly, if mark tremonti was my guitarist, i would have him shred for 90% of the song, and me singing just 10%. If you look (technically) at the transition hes made from Weathered to One Day Remains, he takes a massive jump in difficulty between those years. Now, with creed, you could also tell a difference from My Own Prison to Weathered. Big difference. Yet still lacking solos, now on ODR, there are a bunch of them and they are extremely impressive solos, so i think that stapp had something to do with the lack of solos. So i believe that there isnt going to be too much fancy guitar work on stapps record, i just hope that be does a better job on that cd than he did with Relearn Love. Stapp is one hell of a singer/songwriter, and i would hate to see his career go down the shitter

I agree with ALMOST all of that (I obviously disagree with the last sentence but to avoid any huge pointless arguments, I will not dwell on that, lol). Anyway, I DON'T think Tremonti took a big jump forward from MOP to Weathered. I think that at best he moved forward a little. Sure, you have Bullets on Weathered, but that is just one song. Other than that, Weathered is just full of a bunch of catchy melodic hooks that everyone writes--granted, Tremonti's are BETTER than everyone's, but they are still the same in principle. There is NOTHING on Weathered to challenge Pity for A Dime's solo, and only Bullets matches unforgiven's awesome riffs (although both bullets and Unforgiven are ridiculously Metallica sounding... lol)

But of course, I don't think this was Tremonti's fault. I just think he got pressured into writing radio friendly songs. Or maybe he just wrote them on his own accord, but as I have said before, that makes NO sense at all because if he WANTED to write a ton of radio friendly songs with no solos, why did he ever leave Creed? He wouldn't have.

Anyway, that is rather off-topic but I always have to get my two cents in.

As for Stapp's music... meh, couldn't really care what TYPE of music it is, but if it is a bunch of whiny radio ballads I will laugh my head off.

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 04-12-2005 at 10:25 AM.