View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: World's Greatest Guitarists

How did I miss this question? Agree that "best" of anything is subjective, so here's my list of who I think is the greatest:

Kirk Hammett -- Just love the feel he has for material and the solos he has come up with.

Tom Morello -- I love his originality. He is mesmerizing to watch onstage. What he does with guitar sound is beyond cool.

James Hetfield -- He's awesome and sometimes just doesn't get enough credit for his chops.

Jerry Cantrell -- This guy plays with such awesome feel. He makes the guitar talk, e.g. Hurts Don't It or Whale and Wasp.

B.B. King -- He's the king...enough said.

Eric Clapton -- Right up there. The man is a master. He makes playing look so easy and fluid. I love his bluesy stuff.

Mark Tremonti -- I love that he developed his own sound. He's a beast live as well.

Stevie Ray Vaughn -- Another one who plays with incredible feel along with skill.

Mike McCready -- Love, love, love this guy, especially live. Check out November Hotel sometime. Killer.

Adam Jones -- Another one with a signature sound.

John Wesley -- He's known for touring with Marillion and Porcupine Tree, and he's amazing on guitar, especially live. When I first saw PT, I immediately noticed Wesley and thought, wow, what a great player. Beautiful player. His solo material is pretty sweet, too.