View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 08:07 PM   #26
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Teri,

Just my opinion but I think a lot of PRETENDING goes on at the pit.
People pretend that they have met band members but they have not (perhaps 1 or 2 have).
People pretend they have an inside track.
People pretend they know more than the next guy,
People pretend that they know it all.
People pretend that they are better than everyone else.

Unfortunately, when you pretend long enough, you start to believe and you forget it's all pretend.

Then you think you have the right to make other people that don't pretend and just want to voice honest, heartfelt opinions feel like idiots.

After all they don't belong to the pretend club, so they don't know it all and then as you say Teri, the pretend people start to feel like they are something special.

It's all very sad over there. I do post occasionally and usually get bashed but I don't give a crap anymore. Lat week after the pretend people were particularly cruel to a pretty innocent girl, imo, I went on a rampage for a few days.

The pretend people are arrogant and they are bullies, imo.
And like bullies, one can only wonder how they treat people in their real life.

The sad thing is that there are some really nice people who are frequent posters there and some are on this board and even on this thread. Many of the very cool people are AFRAID to post their true feelings because they know they will be bashed.
I know this for a fact because they have told me this in PM's or occasionally when they get brave enough, they might actually say something against one of the pretend people right on the board. VERY, VERY RARE THOUGH.

If you want to be a member in good standing on the Pit, you go along with the pretend people or you at least KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Unfortunately, that's how bullies survive and flourish, everyone stands around and watches.

It seems to be an acceptable way of life there.

The pretend people rule and make the rules (unspoken of course like true bullies).

Everyone else...BEWARE!!!!!!!