View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 06:27 PM   #39
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Actually,

You're the one who has a lot of growing up to do. Because you can't separate your emotions from the rational situation. Maybe you don't want to, and that's fine, but it won't make the situation any better for the band. I've at least offered rational solutions for the band to solving the problem of the lawsuit. They need solutions now, not people saying "We love you man."

Let me put it this way:

If your friend murders someone - really and truly commits an awful heinous crime - for whatever reason - they commit it. They have to answer to the law for that crime. They will have to go to trial, and ultimately, be held accountable for their actions.

Now - they are a close friend. Does that make them any less your friend? No. Does it make what they did right? Absolutely not. Do they still have to answer to the law in a trial in a court of law? Yes. Can you support them? Sure, you can offer them words of encouragement, but that will only get them so far. You can sit there and let your emotions rule your head and be in denial - "Oh so what they killed someone, so what get over it." Or you can sit there and let your emotions rule your head and make excuses -"Oh they were in pain that night." But the rational, logical thing is - they still did what they did, and have to be held accountable for it.

Now - before you jump all over me about CRIME - I know Scott did not commit a crime. But he did something which ultimately, because of a lawsuit, needs to be held accountable for. Whether ot not the lawsuit is right or wrong is irrelevant. The lawsuit exists, whether you like it or not. So you can sit here and let your emotions rule your head and be in denial "Oh so what Scott drank and gave a lousy show, get over it" - or you can sit here and let your emotions rule your head and make excuses - "Oh he was in pain that night". But the rational, logical thing is - he still did what he did, and still has to be held accountable for it, because of the lawsuit.

--*Rob