View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 01:31 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Thoughts on the Law Suit

I wanted to post this in a new thread because the last one was really long, and to be quite honest, I didn't read it all, so this may be rehashing what was already said. If this is the case, simply ignore this post.

---

To those who say that they didn't get what they paid for, including Lechium:
Quote: Say you call (and pre-pay) a plumber to fix your drain, and he shows up drunk, fixes your drain only partially (so it's still somewhat clogged) dances around your aprtment, and does other obnoxiosu stuff, and than leaves. What would you do? Let it be? Dont think so.
You cannot compare a entertainment's duties to that of a service person's. With a plumber, you are paying for a service to be done. If he fails to perform that service, then by all rights you are entitled to your money back. With entertainment you get what you get. If it's not entertaining to you, then you move on. Think of this analogy:

You pay $250 a ticket to go to a Green Bay Packers home football game. The team plays horrible; receivers don't catch passes and the kicker misses all of his fieldgoals. Should I then sue the Green Bay Packers because they failed to perform to MY standards?

Here's another analogy if the above doesn't work for you:

A WWE wrestler (who is by all accounts an entertainer, just as Creed is an entertainer) arrives at the local venue for the wrestling show drunk. When it is his turn to go out and wrestle, he comes out drunk, grabs a mic and attempts to talk - slurring his words and stumbling all around. Officials force him to return to the locker room and not wrestle that night because of his condition. Now, should I sue the WWE because this wrestler didn't perform his duties to MY standards? And just to let you know, this has happened in the past (however no one sued the WWE).

Again, who is to judge whether or not a band's performance is worth the price of admission to the show? I understand that fans do not purchase tickets with the expectation that the band will come out and play a sloppy show, however anything can occur. If you are that upset over the quality of the show, then refrain from supporting the band again. Do not attend any more of their shows. If this lawsuit goes through the court system, and ends up being successful for the plaintiffs, the whole entertainment industry will suffer, not just Creed. This could start a whole series of suits simply because fans "were not satisfied" with the performance they initially paid for. Putting Creed aside and looking at the bigger picture, this suit should be dropped immediately, if not by the plaintiffs, then by the courts.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"