View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 03:04 PM   #2
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Answer these questions to determine your World View

1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?
Gotta be something. Define god thou. Buddist (Zen) belive in collective counsiusnes (sp?). Can this be concidered to be god? Can same identiy be viewd by some people as two different things, i.e. Christians call it God, Greeks call it Zeus, some African tribe calls it Ahatma-Bu, and some guy with mental disorder, who sees things, calls it Joe and like to have an occasional chit-chat with him. Different peopel can see same thing from different angles and therefore interprete it defferently.

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?
I think astro-physics describes currect materisl univerce pretty well. Whole Big Bang theory. Spiritual world (afterlife, etc) thou is a mystery to me.

3. What is the essential nature of man?
You mean -- is man sinful? No. Confused many times thou, and selfish.

4. What is cause of evil and suffering?
Uhhh... dunno... sometimes it all depends on a person -- put two people in same situation and one will eb happy and otehr will suffer.

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?
Every person has their own set of morals and etics. Comes from surroundings, and people choose set that fits them best.

6. What happens to man at death?
That's what I know more than anything. I think there is afterlife, but what kind? I sorta like stuff Robert Monroe decries in "Journies Out Of The Body". Seems possible and logical.

7. What is the meaning of History?
What do you mean? History is a collection of facst from the past. Does it repete? Well human nature is constant thoughout time, therefore history has to repete.