View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #4
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Can you and Stapp ever be friends again?

We haven't talked since February. It's like an ex-wife situation. Time may make us friends again, but there'll never be a Creed reunion.

I would consider that to be the BEST of ALL situations. Friendship is what REALLY matters.

Quote: Do you blame yourself?

The only way I'd blame myself is that I'm a workaholic and I'm not satisfied if I'm not making music.Scott didn't love touring as much as the rest of the band did.

nothing wrong with being a workaholic and finding your music the most important thing in your life...but once Mark has a child...i bet he will have to make compromises..and will understand that touring isn't always feasable.

Quote: How about the fans? Some of them must hate you for breaking up Creed.

We've had a positive reaction from most of the fans. Some Scott Stapp fans curse our every move, but we're after those who are in it for the music - not for the personalities.

Music is personal, and i believe Mark realizes this...some will like them, some will not...no matter how much of a CREED fan people were. As for being in it only for the music, not the personalities...something to think about...it's the personalities that play a BIG part of making a band what it is...people not only get attached to the music, but to those making it...one way or another...

Quote: If a new band asked you how to stay together, what would you say?

Everybody has to want to work. When one member is pushing hard and another member is getting lazy, there's lots of room for resentment.

I would have to ask...please define "LAZY"...lazy because there is no longer an interest in the band? Or what APPEARS to be "lazy" because one is not emotionally or physically up to their best self? Want to keep a band together?...Then COMMUNICATION is what is needed...understanding of one another is what is needed...healthy work ethics stem from those things...

found this article interesting on the level that it mentioned stapp approximately 8 times...the name Creed approximately 12 times...the name Alter Bridge approximately 4 times...and Brian, Flip, and Myles were mentioned only once....

For an Alter Bridge fan who is in it, as Mark said FOR THE MUSIC, not the personalities..find it odd the talk always centers around the PAST more than the FUTURE of Alter Bridge?

all i have said is just how things hit me when i read this article...my opinions..nothing more.