Thread: When oh when!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #68
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. he does owe us something. he's a musician. he makes money off of us buying tickets & CDs. i would say, if he had any kind of work ethic, he'd have his stuff out now, working to earn his keep. and a fair number of stapp's comments, though not necessarily negative, have been dismissed by Mr. Tremonti as being wholly untrue & unbased. so, maybe by august or september, the AB train will have run its course. but will Stapp have his album out by then? right now, the August date is only tentative. he's been promoting virtually nothing for the past year; Mark & Flip went out & moved on with their lives, got back to making music, which they missed. i'm not so sure Scott is as passionate about music anymore.

Funny thing is if we were talking about the fact that Alter Bridge had not released a CD people would be saying they are stinking rich and they don't have to do anything.

If I had spent almost two years on a tour where I was sick and forced to take drugs to make me able to perform ( just to keep the money rolling in)I think I'd be taking a good long break too.

So your talkinga bout the fact that he says he talks to Tremonti. Its just a given that its Stapp's lying. I get it. He has actually wished his ex-friends luck. I'm not sure I've heard any of them wish him the same. I don't even bother to read Alter Bridge interviews anymore because it is generally the same crap over and over again. Truth is nobody knows what Stapp has going on right now and nobody knows what may have had an effect in delaying anything. And like somebody else said Wind-Up has a bit to say about what is done and when. Mark Tremonti has figured that out too. I keep reading this comment about the fact that Windup is releasing Broken Wings to Top 40 minus the guitar solo. So I'm guessing Mr. Tremonti knows that Windup still has quite a bit of control.

If Scott Stapp were my mechanic and didn't fix my car he would owe me something. I don't really care when the man releases a CD because I know it will be out before the end of the year. I don't have to know exactly why it took so long to make it. Its none of my damn business actually.