Thread: When oh when!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #65
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) You use the word rectify like Stapp owes you something. He's a musician. He's never personally done anything to me that he has to rectify. You didn't get the baseball comment.

I kind of like to look at it as Stapp actually did Alter Bridge a favor. They haven't had alot of success competing against a Creed Greatest Hits CD that has pretty much nothing new on it. What if they were also having to compete against Stapp's solo CD. I guess that alot of people actually wanted to see a CD selling war between Alter Bridge and Stapp. Because it has to be one pitted against the other, and everybody thinks Stapp will be the loser. Maybe people who insist that Mr. Stapp has lost his touch, and just can't get his shit together have it all wrong. Maybe by August/September the Alter Bridge train will have run its course. He let his ex buds have their year in the limelight, and pretty much kept his comments to himself or at least his comments weren't negative. Now Stapp gets his chance.
i respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. he does owe us something. he's a musician. he makes money off of us buying tickets & CDs. i would say, if he had any kind of work ethic, he'd have his stuff out now, working to earn his keep. and a fair number of stapp's comments, though not necessarily negative, have been dismissed by Mr. Tremonti as being wholly untrue & unbased. so, maybe by august or september, the AB train will have run its course. but will Stapp have his album out by then? right now, the August date is only tentative. he's been promoting virtually nothing for the past year; Mark & Flip went out & moved on with their lives, got back to making music, which they missed. i'm not so sure Scott is as passionate about music anymore.