View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 01:59 PM   #60
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) What I think they need to do here is just reply to any interviewers "we're done with Creed, let's talk about the future" instead of constantly being asked about the past.

If I may digress for a second, at Saturday's show in Philly, many of us were allowed by security to go around back to where the band was hanging for the day and where the roadies were loading in. It was VERY open and the band members seemed pretty open and approachable. However, there was one person who came back after speaking with Mark, and she said she grilled him for 5 minutes on Stapp. What did he do? Why did the breakup happen? etc. To many, it's not about the past, it's about the future. To others, it's ALL about the past. I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's NOT entirely AB's fault that history keeps being brought up, it's the media and some fans who won't let it die.

It's been what 5 months since the official announcement that Creed broke up and AB was formed. Yes it is history and AB is the moving forward point for Mark and Flip but it is still recent history. Creed was the biggest band in the world not to long ago and some people haven't quite come to grips with the fact yet. I know it's till hard on me. I can accept AB and Scott's work for what it is but there is still a huge void left where Creed was for me (and I love ODR and RL but it is still different.).

I mean c'mon Slash still gets asked questions about GNR and it's been almost ten years since he left (and he has put out a number one album, and two number one hits - something AB hasn't done yet{but I think that will come with a little more time}) The questions aren't going to stop anytime soon.