View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #56
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) How about because that's all the media ASKS them about? The interviewers mostly seem to be concerned with the past, not the members of Alterbridge, their music or their future.

What I think they need to do here is just reply to any interviewers "we're done with Creed, let's talk about the future" instead of constantly being asked about the past.

If I may digress for a second, at Saturday's show in Philly, many of us were allowed by security to go around back to where the band was hanging for the day and where the roadies were loading in. It was VERY open and the band members seemed pretty open and approachable. However, there was one person who came back after speaking with Mark, and she said she grilled him for 5 minutes on Stapp. What did he do? Why did the breakup happen? etc. To many, it's not about the past, it's about the future. To others, it's ALL about the past. I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's NOT entirely AB's fault that history keeps being brought up, it's the media and some fans who won't let it die.
Terri, I agree with what you said. There will always be some sort of shadow they will be under in regard to Creed. It's the media's 'job' to ask them about Creed and Scott Stapp.

However, I think Mark has alienated a lot of Scott Stapp's fans when he made the comment how he wants fans that are into the music and not the personality and said that most of Creed's die-hard fans support AB. Well you know what, I guess he is getting his information from Michael and only counting the fans that are supporting AB over the internet (on the bb's). AB's albums sales speak for themselves.

I am a die-hard fan of Creeds and I took that comment personally. It was back in the MOP days that I fell in love with Creed, the BAND, and their music. I didn't even know Scott Stapp's name back in 97 and 98. Of course things are different now, knowing that Scott wrote those amazing lyrics and it's his voice that made the songs what they are.