View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #8
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil

You are entitled to your point of view but like or not Stapp's voice did sell 30 million along with the music of the other bandmates. If Stapp's has other interest and not just music there are many fans that support that as well. For some artists music is there entire life and for others they like to do more than one thing and it does not make one artist better than another.
I don't know if you are accurate in thinking that alot of Creed fans have turned to AB because Mark and AB are getting bashed just as hard as Stapp is now. I personally try to stay at boards that are respectfully to both AB and Stapp.

Thanks

Last edited by musiclover291 : 10-06-2004 at 06:13 PM.