View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #11
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Adam and Eve's Sin

Good Morning Jason..

I am aware of Bullinger..I also have a companion bible and I used to have a hardback Strongs before but have since graduated to the internet. The biblegateway.com is a great source to compare different bible interpretations.

I am also familier with the term you introduced...My thinking is that alot of it is symbolic. The trees, the garden ..the snake..Man and Woman..Paradise..Paradise LOST.

And Paradise FOUND through Christ.

Ancient records:

The Rainbow Serpent (also known as the Rainbow Snake) is a major mythological being for Aboriginal people across Australia, although the creation myth associated with it are best known from northern Australia. In Fiji Ratumaibulu was a serpent god who ruled the underworld and made fruit trees bloom.

DECEPTION:

The symbolic connection between serpents and deceit may depend in part on the observation that snakes have forked tongues. A forked tongue is a tongue which has not one end, but two, pointing in different directions. In humans, the tongue is an essential tool in speech, and the presence of only one tip signifies the unity of truthful speech, and corresponds to the unity of the truth itself. There is only one truth, but there are many lies. The forked tongue represents the disunity of deceitful speech

(THINK ABOUT POSITIVE verses Negative)..GOOD and evil)
LIGHT verses dark) !!!

NOW THINK ABOUT THIS...this is ancient:

Chthonic serpents and sacred trees
In many myths the chthonic serpent (sometimes a pair) lives in or is coiled around a Tree of Life situated in a divine garden. In the Genesis story of the Torah and Biblical Old Testament the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is situated in the Garden of Eden together with the tree of immortality. In Greek mythology Ladon coiled around the tree in the garden of the Hesperides protecting the entheogenic golden apples.

Now think about this:

Sometimes the Tree of Life is represented (in a combination with similar concepts such as the World Tree and Axis mundi or "World Axis") by a staff such as those used by shamans. Examples of such staffs featuring coiled snakes in mythology are the caduceus of Hermes, the Rod of Asclepius, the staff of Moses, and the papyrus reeds and deity poles entwined by a single serpent Wadjet, dating to earlier than 3000 BCE. The oldest known representation of two snakes entwined around a rod is that of the Sumerian fertility god Ningizzida. Ningizzida was sometimes depicted as a serpent with a human head, eventually becoming a god of healing and magic...

AND finally...
Kundalini, a Sanskrit word meaning either "coiled up" or "coiling like a snake". Kundalini refers to the mothering intelligence behind yogic awakening and spiritual maturation leading to altered states of consciousness. There are a number of other translations of the term usually emphasizing a more serpentine nature to the word— e.g. 'serpent power'. It has been suggested by Joseph Campbell that the symbol of snakes coiled around a staff is an ancient representation of Kundalini physiology. The staff represents the spinal column with the snake(s) being energy channels. In the case of two coiled snakes they usually cross each other seven times, a possible reference to the seven energy centers called chakras

very popular symbol in medicine http://www.theholisticcare.com/Yoga%.../Kundalini.jpg

NOT so popular symbol but you can see how it works here:
http://www.kundaliniguide.com/images...sawakenpic.gif

(NOTICE THE LIGHT extending out from his/her head)...

I Appreciate your insight..Jason

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Sasa : 07-08-2010 at 08:10 AM.