View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 10:45 PM   #6
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Dude, I saw that very picture in the local newspaper! My Mom freaked out! She screams when she see's a little grass spider, I think it'd be funny just to see her see one of those! (She just said to me "That's mean!")

Here's what the article says......

RAID!!!!!
"Joe Bob Hicks, son of Wanette area resident Joe Hicks, sent his family this picture of some of the wild livestock U.S. troops are dealing with in Afghanistan. Hicks said soldiers formerly would shoot the camel spiders until it was determined they were using too much amunition. Army officials ordered them to use hammers to kill the arachnids. The spiders crawl into the tents at night and bite the sleeping troops. The bite itself is not severe; however, the infection they cause creates a large wound, Hicks said."
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp

Last edited by Creed_Defaultgirl : 04-19-2004 at 10:56 PM.